Manga

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Sagiri

Manga

Post by Sagiri »

If any of you read any kinds of manga, what do you read? Vampire Knight and Fruits Basket are good, and so is Spy Goddess, Tsubasa, and xxxHOLIC. Hmmm, what else...? Chobits! Chobits and Red River are also good.
Last edited by Sagiri on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Re: Manga

Post by Noraibah »

I like Black Cat ,Suikoden III,Genshiken and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I wish I could read suikoden3. But the library manga selection sucks and tokyopop.com is slow.
:evil:
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

I kind of bought all of my Suikoden III manga for a really high price due to the exchange rate.I bought volume I,II,III,and X for CXLVIII Malaysian ringgit but I bought volume IV and VI for only XXL ringgit since it was from a special book shop.My aunt bought volume V for me which costs XXLVII ringgit.I thought volume five was over the metre of awesomeness and coolness....
Last edited by Noraibah on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

You can get it (SuikoIII) used on Amazon for about $3 an issue. That doesn't include shipping, but it's cheaper than Tokyopop I would guess.
Captain Tenneal

Post by Captain Tenneal »

I'd definitely get them used. $10 a pop can sink your wallet pretty fast (I don't know how many volumes are in Suikoden III, but some series have over 30 volumes, quite ridiculous if you buy new). When I was younger I had over $1000 of Anime/Manga acquired over a short period because I was foolish enough to buy the stuff new. If I did it again I'd definitely go with a library, borrow from a friend, or get it used. Don't get me wrong, when I was doing this I could afford it quite easily, but after the dust settled I just shook my head.

When I was reading manga, I read GTO (that one really busted my wallet, about $220 for all 25 volumes, it's still piled up in my closet), Saiyuki (have 6/12, never got past 4), Crescent Moon (never got through the first book), Hikaru no Go (charming series, got 4 but lost interest), Prince of Tennis (never got passed book 1, got me interested in Tennis though), Yu Yu Hakusho (for manga, think I got up to 6, but ditched it as I just watched it on Cartoon Network, but quit after Dark Tournament Saga II). Hm... I think that's everything. I also had a few Rurouni Kenshin books but ditched that in favor of the anime, which was ok.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Suikoden II has 11 volumes, so it would be $110 new. No library I know of has them, and online (to read, not buy) I can only find up to volume 6, so I bought the last 5 used. My friends back in high school used to buy new manga all of the time, I can't believe their parents actually bought so much for them. I was lucky to get a dollar for a soda.
Captain Tenneal

Yeah some of us aren't so fortunate.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

There is this new series in Weekly Shonen Jump Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden which is loosely base on the Chinese Suikoden novel. It is pretty interesting so far with 6 chapters.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Captain Tenneal

Interesting... I've been interested in the original novels:

Outlaws of the Marsh

Though I'll probably never find time to read them.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Usually when I read manga, it's because a friend asked me to and I do it to make them happy and/or because of the potential conversation we could have about it.

So, I've read:

>Naruto (I still read it as they update it. . .somtimes)
>One Piece (stopped after. . .I forgot)
>666 Satan or something (only a few chapters before stopping)
>Samurai Deeper Kyo (. . .technically I haven't started yet. . but I did look at the pictures . . . .haha. .)
>Descendants of Darkness

and, out of sheer curiosity as to the difference between the two, I recently bought Suikoden III (Volumes 1, 2, and 3)
I'll get the rest as they become available to me.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

The cheapest manga you could buy in my country which is from a normal bookstore costs 28 ringgit. You could even buy Samurai Champloo and Genshiken volume 2 and 3 for only 15 ringgit at the special bookstore which really made me regret buying volume 2 from Singapore for 20 Singaporean dollars!I also bought volume three from the normal book store!(20 Singaporean dollars=40 Malaysian ringgit.....)The horror..... :(
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

kind of bought all of my Suikoden III manga for a really high price due to the exchange rate.
Try the Borders website. It's pretty cheap there.

....So.
I just started reading Suikoden 3. I'm on vol.2, and I decided.... I love Thomas! Seriously! He's such a peaceful person!
avenger

Post by avenger »

the only manga i have is ,

Dance till tomorrow and Mia the Phychic Girl.

i prefer just watching anime.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

OK OK FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!! Oh my GOD!!!!

that series rocks!!!
Doesnt it???