Twitter

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
LanceHeart

Twitter

Post by LanceHeart »

I was wondering who else uses the service? I find it's a great way to get a bit closer to a few people and get in touch with some pretty big companies' PR departments. For instance, there's Konami's...
http://twitter.com/Konami

I've actually gotten responses directly on the Twitter page of other companies and people, like Sony and Wil Wheaton.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Runemaster

Re: Twitter

Post by Runemaster »

I've heard a lot about the site at Jay Leno and some other TV shows but haven't actually visited it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The concept's pretty simple. It's a site where you put up a profile and can follow people you like and people can follow you if they feel like it.

Here's how it works in a nutshell: You can write messages that indicate what you're doing at any given time, your current projects, how you feel, or anything you want to promote. You can send that info in from the web and your mobile phone. It's kind of like a mini-blog, only without the humongous rants (messages are capped at 140 characters).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

So, it's pretty much the same thing as Facebook? I think I'll just stick to Facebook. :P
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I'm now following Konami on twitter. Did anyone else know they have an english Tierkreis page now? I'm probably the only one who thought it was new news, but here is the link in case:

http://www.konami.com/microsites/suikoden/
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I've been thinking about setting up a Twitter account, but I've only just set up a Facebook after years of refusing to. Don't want to come across as some kind of nutjob serial networker.

Things were simpler when there was only MySpace *sigh*...
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I had facebook before I had myspace. I could be way off, but I thought that facebook actually was started first.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I think you're right, but if memory serves, back in the day Facebook was a similar site to Faceparty/Facepic and wasn't very popular, then MySpace came along and more or less kicked off the whole social networking thing. Facebook changed it's style by adapting and altering MySpace's formula.

God I'm a nerd.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Created an account! But I'm not into it right now.. None of my friends have an account there.. And I have no idea about it. Facebook really looks better and have more services than Twitter.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Iesous wrote:I had facebook before I had myspace. I could be way off, but I thought that facebook actually was started first.
No, I made a little research and MySpace was launched August 2003. Half a year later, Facebook was launched, February 2004.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Runemaster wrote:
Iesous wrote:I had facebook before I had myspace. I could be way off, but I thought that facebook actually was started first.
No, I made a little research and MySpace was launched August 2003. Half a year later, Facebook was launched, February 2004.
Haha I was completely wrong then, nobody pay attention to me, I'm an idiot.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I grew tired of 'network' hopping long ago, first there was the yahoo groups then friendster, livejournal, greatestjournal, something else, facebook and now twitter. Given a quarter of most countries use facebook I can't see why everyone wants to jump network social groups half the time. Hell even youtube has it's own mini video communities. If anything the better the social networks get the easier it becomes to trace someone which am not keen on myself. You can no longer hide by IP addresses anymore. give part of your details away and googlemap WILL find you.

Frankly am content with just facebook.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

My friend made me make one, like every other account I have, it's all her doing.

But it's useful, and a lot of people use it. I initially thought it was a complete waste of time. . .
Like. . I just found out that --right now-- my friend Anna is making zucchini soup! Or. . is it salad. .I think it's zucchini bread. . . .either way. . . useful . . . .

Despite the sarcasm I'm hooked as well.

Eroschilles wrote: Did anyone else know they have an english Tierkreis page now? I'm probably the only one who thought it was new news, but here is the link in case:
And that's news to me too, bud.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I grew tired of 'network' hopping long ago, first there was the yahoo groups then friendster, livejournal, greatestjournal, something else, facebook and now twitter.
Don't forget about Xanga. :P
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Xanga, oh my.