Konami is promoting on the wrong forums

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
suikodian

Konami is promoting on the wrong forums

Post by suikodian »

Konami should have focused on other gaming websites to promote suikoden. In my opinion Konami would not achieve its goal of expanding the fanbase by adverting on suikosource/suikox, which are mostly visited by fans. Gaming forums such as NeoGAF and RPGFan are better suited to attract new fans to the series.
Iesous

Re: Konami is promoting on the wrong forums

Post by Iesous »

I haven't seen any advertisements on Suikosource of SuikoX. Konami hasn't been promoting anything, we are.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yes, and no.

I do agree with the notion that Konami should put far more efforts into marketing it through general gaming sites to touch larger gamer population, but them approaching specific fansites probably have more to do with the fact that Suikoden Tiekreis breaks away from almost all established conventions of the series, potentially leading to alienating a good amount of their already "loyal" fans.

I'm not surprised. Last time they set up an official fansite for Suikoden and a handful other RPG series with a hefty amount of goodies given out to generate activities, but it was unceremoniously shut down without much explanation not too long after. Sad.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Iesous wrote:I haven't seen any advertisements on Suikosource of SuikoX. Konami hasn't been promoting anything, we are.
http://www.suikox.com/forum//viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32222

The question is are they promoting the current game only or also looking for ideas on how to move forward in case their attempt at creating a different world falls flat.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Suikoden Tierkreis is due in two weeks, however, there are not any promotions yet. Is Konami planning to start promoting the game after releasing it? :?