PSP discussion

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
LanceHeart

Re: Suikoden Coming To PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

Post by LanceHeart »

Oppenheimer wrote:It really is a very grey area. The law is complicated. But, to be on the safe side I think I'll just use Remote Play if I really want to play it on my PSP. Anyone else ever use that feature?
It works for PS1 games, but not PS2. The lack of L2/R2 and two analog sticks (plus L3/R3) explains that one.

You need an active internet connection for your PSP to use Remote Play outside of the wireless range of your PS3.

As for the legality of ISOs being converted into eboots, it cannot and should not be compared to MP3s. You're using a hacked private encoding system to convert a pretty much legal backup into a format that you don't have the rights to use. If you were paying Sony royalties to gain access to a legal eboot converter, it would be legal. If you aren't, it's not.
Formerly known as: Gothann
freshmetal

Re: Suikoden Coming To PlayStation Store (PSP, PS3)

Post by freshmetal »

LanceHeart wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:It really is a very grey area. The law is complicated. But, to be on the safe side I think I'll just use Remote Play if I really want to play it on my PSP. Anyone else ever use that feature?
It works for PS1 games, but not PS2. The lack of L2/R2 and two analog sticks (plus L3/R3) explains that one.

You need an active internet connection for your PSP to use Remote Play outside of the wireless range of your PS3.

As for the legality of ISOs being converted into eboots, it cannot and should not be compared to MP3s. You're using a hacked private encoding system to convert a pretty much legal backup into a format that you don't have the rights to use. If you were paying Sony royalties to gain access to a legal eboot converter, it would be legal. If you aren't, it's not.
LanceHeart is right about ISOs. Just think about it. Sony has a strong stance AGAINST homebrews. Just discussing them on Sony's official forum (and most gaming forums not affiliated with Sony) will result in bans.

As for remote play with the PS3, I've tried it a couple times, but it's kind of tricky. Maybe it's my connection, but I get a delay that makes some games that require quick timing very difficult. Suikoden works fine though since its turn based.
PSN: FreshMetal80