The government...

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Georg Prime Minister

The government...

Post by Georg Prime Minister »

I know we're all a little paranoid, at least to some extent. So... how paranoid are we? How much do you think the US gov't keeps from its citizens? I'm not sure myself, but I do think there is a very large amount. I think the UFO's are all gov't tests that they try to hype down.
So. Insight please.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: The government...

Post by Oppenheimer »

I watched discovery channel and they were showing how the UFO idea was actually a cover up of a military project for space craft that are disc shaped. They tested them occasionally and didn't want anyone to know they were new military vehicles (this was during the cold war) so they made up the UFO hoax. They "leaked" the idea of saucer shaped UFOs to a few people who would run with it but wouldn't be credible and then let it spread from there.

Sounds plausable and brilliant to me.

I don't think the current Bush government is hiding too much. I think he'd have a higher approval rating if he was hiding the bad things he's done. We already know of the torture of prisioners and all that.
Eroschilles

Re: The government...

Post by Eroschilles »

Don't forget un-constitional search and seizures and wiretaps without warrants all via the Patriot Act and similar laws. Americans aren't that worried about "Give me Liberty or give me Death" anymore. Much rather have security than liberty.

Other Presidents have been Impeached for way less, but oh well...