Minor, Probably Premature Announcement

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
SpecialNewb

Minor, Probably Premature Announcement

Post by SpecialNewb »

A few years ago I bought Medieval 2 Total War and fell in love with that series. Later I began to mod it and have learned a lot since then so...

I've begun a little project in my off time--I'm going to attempt to create a Suikoden total conversion for M2: Total War (Kingdoms). My strength is scenario writing but I'm slowly learning map creation and modeling. Eventually I'll ask for help from other fans of the game but for now I'm sticking with unit and faction descriptions. This is hampered by the fact that I never played either S2 or the Suiko-Gaiden games but we'll see about remedying that. This is probably a ridiculous project that will never get finished but I thought I'd give it a try and any suggestions are welcome. I wasn't quite sure where to put this as it's not about a Suikoden game, but it kind of is.

I've written basic scenarios for all the playable factions but only sketched out units for Harmonia and Grassland factions (24 units a piece, about 20 unique units for each of them). There are of course some liberties taken (i.e. Hugo is the "faction leader" of Grassland) but I'm trying to balance the feel of world with gameplay. I'm going to try and incorporate at least some of the Runes and Rune bearing faction leaders (Sasarai, Chris, Hugo) are nearly immortal (though they can be killed). I'd like to include more playables especially Nagarea, Zelant, Armes and Gaien but there's just too little information on them right now. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome.

PLAYABLE FACTIONS
1. Holy Kingdom of Harmonia*
2. Republic of Toran
3. Republic of Dunan
4. The Grasslands*
5. Republic of Tinto
6. Zexen Federation*
7. Queendom of Falena
8. Island Nations Federation

Emergent/Non-Playable Factions
1. Kingdom of Zelant
2. Nagarea Theocracy