Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Post by sticky-runes »

I can't say I'm very enthusiastic about the characters I've seen so far. They're all kids and animal people. Where are the hunky men??
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

Saving the best for last!
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

that better be the case, or I won't bother.
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

sticky-runes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:43 pm that better be the case, or I won't bother.

I'm invested heavily in Eiyuden and even if I wasn't, I'd still probably give it a shot. I'm with you though, I've been disappointed up until this point. Hopefully we are not overloaded with different species. I've always connected more with the human characters, obviously.

Sidebar: Seign is probably my favorite character released up until this point.
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I agree with the characters being kinda meh, but regardless of that, I'm still excited to play the game.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe miss Junko read all my sleazy comments on here about Suikoden characters and decided to tone down her character designs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

28 minutes gameplay from the upcoming spinoff Eiyuden Chronicle Rising:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLzf6AhaRl0
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Will there be a connection between Rising and the actual turn based game? If there is, I'll probably get Rising.
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:50 pm Will there be a connection between Rising and the actual turn based game? If there is, I'll probably get Rising.
Yes
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's basically a prequel of sorts which lays the grounds for the main story. It is a spin-off title, pretty much like Suikoden Tactics or the Suikogaidens ... just that the main game has not launched yet, lol. It's an appetizer of sorts. I'm super hyped in any case.
alberto90

Post by alberto90 »

Starks wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/suikode ... tch-and-pc

I think it's time we start getting just a little excited.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ra ... red-heroes

Edited to drop in the kickstarter. Almost 40k out of the 509k needed in 10 minutes.
this actually is pretty exciting, looking forward to hearing more in the future
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Antimatzist wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:53 pm It's basically a prequel of sorts which lays the grounds for the main story. It is a spin-off title, pretty much like Suikoden Tactics or the Suikogaidens ... just that the main game has not launched yet, lol. It's an appetizer of sorts. I'm super hyped in any case.
Wicked! I'll probably get it now lol.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I got the opportunity to play the preview. It's a really nice game - don't expect a grat game, though. it is a low-mid budget titel and it shows. I guess the main game will be a lot better - but for world-building, this will work for now.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I wasn't expecting anything revolutionary, but if the stories intertwine, I want to play it. When's it released?
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

JuveLeo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:28 pm I wasn't expecting anything revolutionary, but if the stories intertwine, I want to play it. When's it released?

They haven't announced yet, but everyone seems to think May, which feels right to me.