Capcom Got the Rights of Suikoden?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
kati

Capcom Got the Rights of Suikoden?

Post by kati »

I know that this news is prolly old, and i'm just wondering, if it's true
Xelinis

Re: Capcom Got the Rights of Suikoden?

Post by Xelinis »

First I've heard of it, and it seems very unlikely. Where did you hear about this?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Never heard of that. Only thing I can find on google is someone who asked on the Capcom-boards to release Suikoden I and II on PSN, but well, he was confused I guess.
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

I think Capcom is too busy not making new Breath of Fire games to bother with the Suikoden series... Although I wouldn't mind if the rights to the series got transferred to another company at this point, perhaps to Atlus or something...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Now that Yasumi Matsuno (Ogre Battle, FFT, Vagrant Story) is there, I wouldn't mind if it ended up at Level-5.
kati

Post by kati »

i heard it on an gaming site forum...i hope maybe something will happen in the series :S
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

kati wrote:i heard it on an gaming site forum...i hope maybe something will happen in the series :S
But I think if Suikoden would change the company, this would be a 90%-miss. If even the Konami-teams don't get everything right, make continuity mistakes, translation errors etc, I don't think a completely new team would get it right. Only if they were by any chance Suikoden die hard fans. Then I would appreciate the change.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Maybe Capcom will make Mega Man an SoD . . . . . .ooooooooooh =D
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

i sort of doubt...mere speculation perhaps? the suikoden series is actually very big in japan, so i dont think konami would let go of something that earned them bags of cash....then again, we havent seen a new suikoden release in quite awhile.... =( now youve got me worried.

oh, and mega man = SoD would be cool...as long as roll can tag along. =P

anyway....if you guys have ever played steambot chronicles, i hope suikoden doesnt end up going the same path steambot did....it would be a terrible shame....
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Night Shadow wrote:i sort of doubt...mere speculation perhaps? the suikoden series is actually very big in japan, so i dont think konami would let go of something that earned them bags of cash....then again, we havent seen a new suikoden release in quite awhile.... =( now youve got me worried.
suikoden v and tierkreis sold barely even modestly; yes, in japan too.
The Director

Post by The Director »

You know I think Atlus (especially with the Persona series experience) would actually do quite well with the Suikoden series. But yeah it does sound like speculation rather than anything concrete.
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

Xelinis wrote:Now that Yasumi Matsuno (Ogre Battle, FFT, Vagrant Story) is there, I wouldn't mind if it ended up at Level-5.
A Matsuno-directed Suikoden VI would be godly. This is right up his alley. I'd certainly like to see what he'd do with it.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

AuthenticM wrote:
Xelinis wrote:Now that Yasumi Matsuno (Ogre Battle, FFT, Vagrant Story) is there, I wouldn't mind if it ended up at Level-5.
A Matsuno-directed Suikoden VI would be godly. This is right up his alley. I'd certainly like to see what he'd do with it.

oho, i second that. though i wouldn't want another suikoden tactics game coming out.

level 5 would be an awesome develop group. they made dark cloud 2 (havent played 1 so i cant speak for it), and you could actually recruit people to go on this train, and you'd bring them to towns and villages you'd make yourself. that would make for an awesome suikoden game. :D
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

This is an excellent idea.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Totaly. If Konami end up totaly mishandling Suikoden then I'd switch the campaign for a company like LEVEL5 to take it over