Viki is a younger Leknaat?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
ninjaluc79

Viki is a younger Leknaat?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hi everyone.

I came across the Suikox forums finding out the latest theories I could. Among them include:

-sibling relationship between Jowy Atreides and Teresa Wisemail
-Queen = Jillia Blight
-the father of Hugo
-among all others.

However, there's one that piqued my interest over the last week.

What if Viki was actually Leknaat when she was younger? We know that Leknaat has been around for at least 300 years, and we don't know where the heck Viki is from!

From what I noticed in their pictures, Viki is younger, has shorter hair and green eyes, and wears a white-and-blue robe. On the other hand, Leknaat is much older, has longer hair, eyes closed (she lost her sight when Harmonia attacked their land), and wears a long, pinkish robe.
One thing is similar to both of them: they both have black hair.

But there's another thing that may help support my theory.

The Gate Rune is composed of the Front Gate Rune, which summons anything from the Void; and the Back Gate Rune, which summons anything that came from the Void back into it.

Now, with the Gate Rune being a True Rune, it must have child runes aside from the Front and Back Gate Runes in the same way the Rune of Beginning and the Elemental True Runes do. The Bright Shield Rune has the Shield Rune as its child, while the Black Sword Rune could possibly be the parent rune of the Elemental Sword Runes. The regular elemental runes are borne from the True Elemental Runes as follows:

True Fire -> Rage -> Fire
True Water -> Flowing -> Water
True Lightning -> Thunder -> Lightning
True Earth -> Mother Earth -> Earth
True Wind -> Cyclone -> Wind

Now, since the story element for the Pale Gate and Blinking Runes is yet unknown, let's use the gameplay element first.

The Pale Gate Rune grants its bearer access to Summoning Magic, which essentially is the function of the Front Gate Rune - to summon monsters from the Void.

The Blinking Rune grants its bearer access to Teleportation Magic, which provides the ability to teleport enemies into the Void - the function of the Back Gate Rune. And since Viki is a Blinking Rune bearer, she can teleport anyone to any place THE TARGET HAS BEEN AT BEFORE. Which means, she can't teleport you to a place you haven't been at before.
But that comes at some cost, i.e., chance of failure, which teleports the target into a random place, even places that it has never been at.

Viki, being a poorly skilled mage and having terrible luck, does not only end up teleported into different places, but into different times, too. That's why she had not aged considerably despite covering over 150 years of Suikoden history. Otherwise, she would really have had a True Rune to remain ageless for that long!

"H-H-haa-haa- OH NO, PLEASE DON'T SNEEZE, PLEASE DON'T - ha-haa-haaa- OH NOOOO - haaachoooo!!!! Oh, where am I at?"

That's the typical scenario of Viki whenever she gets teleported out of control.

Okay, now, here come the two Vikis, one small but skillful, one big but clumsy. So how did Little Viki get into Harmonia then, with her eyesight still okay, IF she had obtained the Back Gate Rune? That's not possible. Probably she had a regular Blinking rune, not half the Gate Rune. Okay, so how did the two Vikis co-exist?

Now, that's a difficult question to address.

So probably Viki WAS already a skilled mage as a kid, but her mind got topsy-turvy due to her teleporting too often. Maybe ever since the first time she sneezed at her homeland, she gets teleported out of place, and that's how she appeared in Harmonia, and then knew that she would become the big, clumsy Viki.

By the time she got older, she may have mastered her magic skills already to not teleport out of place every time she sneezes, and so she was able to return safely to her homeland. But shortly after, her homeland was destroyed by a foreign army, so she was given half a True Rune - the Back Gate Rune, and her (supposedly older, younger, IDK) sister, the Front Gate Rune, by their village elder who had the Rune before. But when she received the Rune, it was so strong that it took away her sight.

And so she became the Seer, the Executor of Balance after disappering from history for over 300 years, knowing everything that happened in history. Simply because she had been already there herself.

Well, that's enough for my theory. I'd take less than 10% chance that this theory is true.

On a side note, if Windy is indeed older than Leknaat, then Windy = Jeane. But that's another story altogether. That theory I'd give less than 0.01% chance of truth.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Hirathien

Re: Viki is a younger Leknaat?

Post by Hirathien »

"A younger version of Viki who first appeared to Nash and Viki in an odd dimension, showing them how to get out."

So I guess that means that, it's another dimension Viki.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I'm just going to go ahead and move this to the Unjustified Theories. Interesting thought though. I don't think it's even remotely true, but still interesting.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Haha. Not remotely true, huh? That's what I was just thinking.

I thought, "maybe it's likely, given the little information I have about the series."

But well, I should know better. I wasn't able to elaborate it further so I know this one won't be true.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I don't mean to derail this theory, but my favorite part is the physical logic you presented:

One is clearly older than the other.

One has green eyes, the other you can't tell.

Both have long(ish) hair.

2+2=4!
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I kinda like your theory! However, I find it hard to believe that Viki's clumsy character will turn into a very composed personality haha. However, in line with your theory, how about if the older and younger Viki are actually Leknaat and Windy respectively? Man, Viki is one hell of a strange character.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Wait, what if... Leknaat didn't really revived Gremio but teleported a past version of him into the present so as to be "not so obvious" she is Viki? Man I'm finding this theory more interesting.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

bluemask wrote:Wait, what if... Leknaat didn't really revived Gremio but teleported a past version of him into the present so as to be "not so obvious" she is Viki? Man I'm finding this theory more interesting.
No, it's not a past version of Gremio. If you check out the Saturn vs. PS1 comparison here...
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/indepth/saturn.php
Gremio has a series of scenes were he's wanders the afterlife before being resurrected.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Even in the original PSX version, I believe he has a couple of lines that indicate he remembers being in the afterlife. Maybe it's just yammering about being some place dark after he's resurrected, but it's not the sort of confused talk you'd expect if his living self was dragged forward in time.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Alright alright haha I never really pay attention to these things. So my theory is purely fanatic lol.