Suikoden Novels Petition

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
KC_MCDOHL

Suikoden Novels Petition

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Okay guys, no doubt this has been posted before but I couldnt find it, so forgive me if im repeating history here. I found a link to a petition with the aim to bring the Suikoden 1 and 2 novels stateside. A long shot but worth a try. The goal is to get 100,000 signatures, which kind of made me laugh but I still added my name nevertheless. I personaly think 10,000 would be enough the raise the Konami Executive eyebrows but I'm speaking through naivity here. Why can't it just be 108 signatures, that would make sense ;)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... 20781#body
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden Novels Petition

Post by patapi »

They would have brought the novels over if they wanted to. I know Tokyopop localised the novel spin-offs for series such as Gundam SEED and .hack, so that is one possible publisher.

Of course, given the sales of the 11-volume Suikoden III manga series, one wonders if Tokyopop would consider giving the series a second chance. If that's the case, I'd like to see translation of newer novels instead. These would be better choices, if they know what they are doing and want to capture what little markets were created from newer titles especially Suikoden V.
Aisling

Post by Aisling »

Oh... I've already signed this one... too bad! :cry: (I´m number 3).

How come only 66 signatures have been collected since? I know a lot of people who want the Suikoden novels translated into English, but the sad story is that most of them think that signing an online petition is not worth it.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Author

Post by Author »

Hm? YOU CAN'T LET THIS TOPIC DIE

Heck, this should be pinned in every Suikoden board.

I am DEFINITELY advertising it!

Signed, by the way!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

In total agreement with you Author :|