Suikoden 3 manga new info?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Eternal Rune

Suikoden 3 manga new info?

Post by Eternal Rune »

will the suikoden 3 manga include new info on the suikoden world? info that has been speculated since the game came out? or will it only have info that is strictly realted to the game?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

The manga isn't 100% correct in relation to the game, so any new information is probably not from Konami but made up by the manga artist/writer.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

ya, like when Geddoe meets Sarah as a cat ... the game never shows that.
and the story seems a bit different ...
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

Huh? :shock: Ex-squeeze me?! Sarah a cat?! What's going on here?! I'm not upset or angry, just shocked to hear that! Whoa! That would've been something in the game...... I think.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, in the manga, Sarah and Yuber both have shape-shifting abilities. They use it only once though, so it's not like Sarah is a cat most of the time.

As far as whether the manga is canon, Konami does approve of its content beforehand, so background info released in the manga, such as how it details what year the first fire bringer war happened, etc, can probably be trusted.
suikodenherodrake

Not only that, to add on, and this MIGHT be a spoiler. I know the Flame Champion's name, thanks to the people in the Konami board. His name is Bocchan. Weird, huh?
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nah, Bocchan is a name affectionately given by Japanese fans to the hero of Suikoden 1. It is a Japanese word that means "young master." Similarly, Japanese fans tend to call the hero from Suikoden 2 "Tsuushu" which is a contractual form of "Hero of Suikoden 2." The Flame Champion is often called "Hideo" because "Hideo" is another reading for the kanji characters meaning "hero."
suikodenherodrake

:oops: Oops, I are a baka now. Hee hee. But still, I never would've thought. Thanks for telling me that, buddy.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Don't worry about it, most people outside Japan would have no way of knowing these things.

The hero from 4 seems to be called "yon-sama." "Yon" means four, and "sama" demotes respect. It's also a pun involving a Korean actor who is currently famous in Japan, who is also called Yon-sama.