Suikoden piano scores

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Suikoden piano scores

Post by Mikagami_Mifuyuu »

*hopes this is the right place to stick this topic*

Anyone have any idea whether there are already piano scores available commercially? (Besides the ones that can be found in the CD booklets, most of which I already have except for Suikoden IV, and Riulyn's pagehttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/mankow84/index.html.)

If there aren't any available for sale, does anyone know of any Suikoden-related scores that are already online? I'm trying to create the scores for a few pieces myself, but don't want to waste time doing it if it's already been done.

Thanks for reading this!
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden piano scores

Post by thcrock »

I haven't seen any other than those on Riulyn's page, either. Out of curiosity, which ones were you planning on making?
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

I previously managed to complete -from Suikoden II - Greenhill's theme "Imprisoned Town", Kyaro's theme "Homesickness", Nanami's theme "Beautiful Morning", "Days Past", early Castle theme "Heart-Softening Time", "A Prayer to My Mother"; - from Suikoden I - "Old Irish Song".

Unfortunately, I did all of these in about 1997-1999, and stopped playing the piano for a long time after that so...you can imagine the amount of hearing loss I have to put up with again. As it is, I'm already quite deaf from the constant drilling my neighbour on the floor above does...X__x;

"Old Irish Song" is on Riulyn's page, but I played mine a bit differently, so I'm tweaking her (his?) score a little. Other than that, I have to relearn ALL of the above pieces. *passes out*
Maybe I'll get my ex-music teacher to teach me again (and help me do all the scores - I hate theory). >D
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I might be able to transcribe the Suikoden IV 'Rune of Punishment' theme - most of it only appeared in the trailer, I never saw it in the game. I wrote down the melody a long time ago (guitar tab), its just a matter of transcribing it, along with the accompaniment.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

That would be great! Any help is appreciated, thank you. If I can get my music teacher again, maybe I'll think bout putting up scores online this time (instead of memorizing them and forgetting again years later). Do drop me a note at Google mail ("Mifuyuu") to discuss this more. =D

Wonder if there are any Japanese sites with scoresheets?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I've done a bunch of them myself as I've played for 17 years. I'll try to put them on my music's myspace sometime soon for all to hear.
Purr.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Wow, 17 years? O_o; That's a long time... Anyway, that would be a great help - it'll save me some time. Could you please post the link here later when you put them up? Thank you!

May I know which pieces you've transcribed so far?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

You guys have any luck with this? I'd be interested to find out...
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

I finished rune of punishment request and 30+ other pieces from suikoden 4 and 5. email me if you are interested