Suikdoen Tactics official guide

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Ellerkerm5

Suikdoen Tactics official guide

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

Is there any places online or in stores in Canada that has this guide?

I'm not sure I'm in the right section. I also don't trust Ebay and Amazon.ca/.com
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

eBay and Amazon are your best bets.

I just so happen to have bought the last copy of the Suikoden Tactics guide in the entire (I think) stock of EB Games in my province. (Three weeks ago)

Then again, it's not really that useful. The guides on GameFAQs are more helpful than the printed one and most of the art inside is from Suikoden 4's official artwork, not Suikoden Tactics.
Formerly known as: Gothann
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

i strongly encouradge you to trust ebay and amazon. As a recurrant customer to both of them, i never had any problem so far and it s true that u can find most stuff unavailable in book shops/video game shops
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

Ok thanks I'll stick to the online guides then.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Amazon is pretty reliable, in my experience, as long as you buy directly from them instead of from the other sellers listed on there. Otherwise, it's no different from eBay.

I would recommend the Japanese guide, but the English one serves its purpose just fine. Not much coverage on the free maps though.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

I also don't trust ebay and amazon because they have bad reviews on this guide.I also can't find it in amazon.ca.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The bad reviews on the book are reviews of the actual book, not the people doing the selling.

I find that the reviews are fair, too. The guide is basically more confusing than helpful... (Not to mention impossibly vague)
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

I heard the official guide is not being made for Suikoden 3 game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Apparently they didn't manage to get the guide out by the time S3 was released in the NA region, so the book ceased to exist even before it was published.

Back to topic at hand, one thing that I didn't like about the English guide was how pretty much all the character artworks were recycled from their S4 counterparts, with the exception of brand new characters. That was bad.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

I do like suikoden 4 and suikoden 5 official guide they are helpful but something missing like suggested levels before each boss battles.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That's because suggested levels are basically a preference of difficulty. I was level 55 when I beat the Beast Rune in Suikoden 2 the first time around (I liked the challenge) and was level 69 the second time around (Matilda glitch on Mt Rakutei).

Suggested levels also don't mean much in this series (not sure about Tactics), seeing as how stat gains are random and you could end up with horrible end-game stats with one character in one playthrough and perfect end-game stats in the next.

Which brings me to another point: The Suikoden 4 & 5 guides don't take into account the random stat gains. They give you the stats they took at various level caps in the game (I think. I haven't done a check between the Suikoden 4 stats and the best/worst stats on Suikosource)
Ellerkerm5

Re: Suikdoen Tactics official guide

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

Lock this topic thanks.