Of Brigands and Bravery: Kuniyoshi's Heroes of the Suikoden

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
EternalOnslaught

Of Brigands and Bravery: Kuniyoshi's Heroes of the Suikoden

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I haven't been that much into collecting stuff of the suikoden series or the novel, but I got pretty boring and decide to look at wal-mart.com and see what I can find on anything that's related to suikoden, instead of the newest installments. I search for suikoden on their entire site, I found some guides and also found this...Of Brigands and Bravery: Kuniyoshi's Heroes of the Suikoden and it's in english here's the information that was on the site.

About the Book

NOW IN PAPERBACKThis is the first monograph in English on the stunning series "One hundred and eight heroes of the Suikoden." "The Suikoden" is the Japanese adaptation of the 14th-century Chinese vernacular novel "Shuihu zhuan," which recounts the exploits of a group of brave and righteous rebels on Mount Liang. "The Suikoden" was enormously popular in Japan during the 19th century. It was Kuniyoshibs initial designs for the single-sheet print series "The one hundred and eight heroes of the Suikoden (TsC; zoku Suikoden gC4ketsu hyakuhachinin no hitori)" -- in which the full-length portraits of the heroes are charged with a new sense of dynamism -- that spurred a "Suikoden" craze in Edo (present-day Tokyo). This publication reproduces the 74 known designs of the series in full color, each accompanied by an explanatory text. Many of the designs still inspire Japanese tattooists, and supplementary information on this subject is also included in the book.

Author: Klompmakers, Inge

Publisher: Stylus Pub Llc

Publish Date: Jun 2003

ISBN-13: 9789074822558

ISBN-10: 907482255X

Format: Paperback

Number of Pages: 200

Shipping Weight (in pounds): 2.78

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 9.74 x 0.68 x 11.68

Wal-Mart No.: 907482255X

Does anyone know anything about this?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I bought this a while back and was disappointed. I got it off ebay believing that I was buying a novel, but instead all I got was basically a picture book. I don't know if its the same thing your talking about or not but it does sound like it. Its basically just a picture of a different half-naked fat dude on each page. I would avoid it, for obvious reasons.