Suikoden I different covers?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Anguiad

Suikoden I different covers?

Post by Anguiad »

hi there!
I recently acquired one copy of the first Suikoden game. It is the normal NTSC region and all, but while browsing through the net, I found there is another copy of Suikoden with the same format, but with different cover, and it seems to be a twodisc edition.
Anybody knows something about this?[/img]
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I don't know about another cover, but mine has a 2-disk appearance even though it's only one disk. The other disk slot is used for the instruction booklet. Maybe that's what you're talking about.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Anguiad

Post by Anguiad »

yep, that may be it, I just have the one disc case(the booklet being the actual case cover) I dunoo why, though; maybe in my country the Suikoden game is only available in this onedicsc case version. :(
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Anguiad wrote:yep, that may be it, I just have the one disc case(the booklet being the actual case cover) I dunoo why, though; maybe in my country the Suikoden game is only available in this onedicsc case version. :(
did you get it new or used?

i know with mine, i hated the normal cover so i converted it into a normal cd case
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

As far as i am led to believe that there are 2 different covers for Suikoden 1 for releases in different parts of the world.

I live in the UK and the cover version we have is:

http://www.lost-fantasy.com/suikoden/im ... en_1_1.jpg

and i am led to believe that the below is the Us cover.

http://www.megghy.com/immagini/Psx/FICH ... den_US.jpg

As for the Japan cover im not sure because what i've found on the internet it seems that the Suikoden 1 cover in Japan is same as US yet with the cover released for the Japan Suikoden I & II PSP game the UK cover is on this game??

http://content.answers.com/main/content ... p_gs12.jpg

Hope this helps.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

the uk cover there looks almost identical to the cover of the instruction book, only it has a black background (i know cause i made my case to have that cover).

the us cover, i dont know why they made it like that, in a 2 disc case
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well im who knows i only know that mine is UK thus cause i live in UK and instruction booklet is same lol but why yours black?
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!