Suikoden HBO series or full scale LOTRish movie series?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Befreier

Suikoden HBO series or full scale LOTRish movie series?

Post by Befreier »

i love the story in suikoden 2 and it really fits the crisis of todays world... if an american director would to pick up on this like peter jackson and made into a major live action motion picture or if it were to be made by stephen spielberg into a live action series of politics, love, action and struggle wouldnt that be freaking awesome? well i think so... what do you think? if you agree spread the message all across the movie forums and try to get the attention of the media.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Seems like a hopeless cause to me, and even if it WAS made into a movie, that's a whole lot of uneccessary fan drama. Seriously, name one movie that was based on a video game or book that didn't recieve a ton of complaints, heck, even LOTR had a complaint list.

The problem with this is, the point of a movie is to tell a story, we already know the story of Suikoden 1, what's the point of seeing it in the form of a movie? Chances are there would be an anime series before they ever even had a chance at a live action series.

So... in short: This will never happen, and it really wouldn't be that spectacular even if it did happen, due to all the drama involved with the fanbase.

Side-Note: Is this even the right forum area for this topic?