Suikoden Ipod Nanos are here!!!

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
whileheavenwept

Suikoden Ipod Nanos are here!!!

Post by whileheavenwept »

Check it out, Konami has hooked up with Apple to make custom Ipod Nanos featuring the Suikoden series. Aint that magnificent?! It comes with an engraved rune of your choice (one of 7 different runes) on the back of the nano, the Gensosuikoden logo on the front, an official Suikoden Ipod Nano carrying case, and lastly, an engraved rune on the earphones!!! Spectacular.

"This iPod, with accompanying carrying case, can be special ordered to feature one of seven different runes on the back – the True Fire Rune, True Water Rune, True Lightning Rune, Sun Rune, Soul Eater, the Rune of Beginning, or the Rune of Punishment."

I'm not sure if this is available to the west or not, haven't tried to order yet.

Here is the official link to the product (Japanese, w/ pictures)
http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/genso_ipod/index.html

Here are the two pictures of the Nano itself
http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ps2/suikoden5/i01.jpg
http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ps2/suikoden5/i02.jpg
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

That's cool. Too bad Nanos are a complete waste.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

And I was thinking this was saying they've finally brought them to the US v.v how disappointing... Also, guy, there was already a topic somewhere about this.
Basel

Re: Suikoden Ipod Nanos are here!!!

Post by Basel »

whileheavenwept wrote:It comes with an engraved rune of your choice (one of 7 different runes) on the back of the nano, the Gensosuikoden logo on the front, an official Suikoden Ipod Nano carrying case, and lastly, an engraved rune on the earphones!!! Spectacular.
The Genso Suikoden logo never made it to the final product. The symbols of the True Rune were not engraved on the earphones, they were simply printed. Also, it was a short period of time during which Konami was accepting orders for the iPod nano. It is no longer in prodiction any more. The more thing to mention, the Soul Eater topped the list of most requested iPod nano.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Mikalakatov

Re: Suikoden Ipod Nanos are here!!!

Post by Mikalakatov »

Basel wrote: the Soul Eater topped the list of most requested iPod nano.

That doesn't surprise me at all, since the Soul Eater is the best rune ever >.>
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Im Buying my friend an ipod nano for her birthday but i doubt she wants suikoden, she dont even know what suikoden is haha. but ya later on when i have more money im going to get this one. they look pretty cool. a rune engraved that is just too cool
Alayna

Post by Alayna »

Oh man, there isn't a True Wind Rune one! That would've been sooooo perfect :cry:
I might've actually saved for one if there had been..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sounds like it isn't regarded as a main rune of Suikoden III after all.

Only the games' main true runes are featured this time. Soul Eater, the Rune of Beginning, the three Fire Bringer true runes, the Rune of Punishment and the Sun Rune.
Alayna

Post by Alayna »

patapi wrote:Sounds like it isn't regarded as a main rune of Suikoden III after all.

Only the games' main true runes are featured this time. Soul Eater, the Rune of Beginning, the three Fire Bringer true runes, the Rune of Punishment and the Sun Rune.
Yes, I see. Luc definitely wasn't a hero or anything, but you'd think that if they have the fire, water, earth, etc in there, that wind would be included.
:roll: oh well!