Suikoden 5 Pre-Order Artbook

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Cuckooguy

Suikoden 5 Pre-Order Artbook

Post by Cuckooguy »

So, managed to get a hold of of Suikoden 5 artbook... it's like a sturdy greeting card with two inserts, one for the CD and one for the artbook, which is about 48 pages. The artbook measures only 5 inches by 7 inches, so don't expect anything big. It's cute for a freebie, but for the most part it's pretty weak in terms of content and a couple of errors.

There are about 5 pages I think the book could've done without and I think would've been much better if they added in something else in place of these pages. One of them is a two page spread of all the main characters as if they were posing for a picture. But the thing is, all the pictures of these main characters are also repeated somewhere else in the book in the characters section, so it's kind of redundant, and I probably would've been happier if they took out all the characters and left in the background, so I can at least get a better look at the background (the character look like they were tacked on). Another two page spread is spent on exactly 78 screenshots of the Suikoden V intro movie, and these screenshots are about as big as half my thumb (and I have girly hands). There's also the characters section, where for about 12 pages are spent on lone or paired character images, and 6 pages are spent on making collages of of families (like the Raftfleet family or the Barrows family). There's also a royal family collage, and I would have liked some other art other than a collage of them because the royal family already have full body shots on their own pages. The Queen's Knights collage is missing Zahak.

Like I said, there are a couple of errors. The first error concerns Galleon; in the two page spread of all the main characters, Galleon's weapon is cut off. You can't see the end of his weapon, even though there's more than enough space for the end of his weapon to be seen.

Another thing is that Lorelai's name is spelled Lorelei. Who knows whether or not this is reflective of how her name will be spelled in Suikoden V. I'm fairly forgiving of this, but it'd be nice if they were consistent.

Four pages are spent on a total of 27 runes, and five of the runes are mislabeled. The True Fire is captioned Dragon, the True Water is captioned True Fire , the True Wind is captioned True Water, the True Lighting is captioned True Wind, and the Dragon Rune is captioned True Lightning.

The Dusk Rune is called the Twilight Rune.

Other than these quibbles, there are a couple of cool things; the three posters are present, as is a two page spread map of Falena. There are also a lot of scenery images, though there are some that I wish to have no characters obstructing the view.

So yeah, it's a cute freebie, but fairly weak.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

got my art book too!!!

I think its really cool, they could have put more detail into the true runes but at least they tell you how many true runes have been seen and gives you there symbols

they also tell you all the regular runes that are in suikoden 5 and give you the symbols for the sun dawn and dusk runes

also they tell you what the sun governs over and that its power stilla ffects things around it even when its sealed
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

son_michael wrote:got my art book too!!!

I think its really cool, they could have put more detail into the true runes but at least they tell you how many true runes have been seen and gives you there symbols

they also tell you all the regular runes that are in suikoden 5 and give you the symbols for the sun dawn and dusk runes

also they tell you what the sun governs over and that its power stilla ffects things around it even when its sealed
Wait? I thought they come out as soon as the game comes out? You mean I have to go NOW!!!! X_X
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well in my case....I called gamestop and thye said they still dont know anything...and then I called EB games and they said they ahve the artbook and music cd right now! and I can come and get it now if I wanted and thats what I did

the artbook comes with the music cd FYI
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

There's another oddity.

In the royal family picture, Sialeeds has someone else's feet. Her legs are covered up by Lymselia, but Sialeeds definitely isn't wearing her own feet.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

At my gamestop they have a Suikoden V display for the artbook and CD.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Shigure

Post by Shigure »

Has anyone from Canada received this artbook yet? I'm guaranteed something for pre-ordering Suikoden V, as EB mentioned that it "Was an artbook last time or something" so I'm guaranteed something, however I'm a touch on edge as this is my first pre-order and Suikoden is my absolute favorite series, I'm a little too excited to say the least (as if you can be too excited about the next installment of Suikoden V complete with special merchandise.

This'll be my first piece of video game merchandise as well.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Did anyone else notice the new rune in the back of the artbook, the Dark Rune? I was intrigued because it looks like a part of the Soul Eater.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I had to laught at them getting a good 40% of the true rune's names incorrect.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Dura Sinai wrote:I had to laught at them getting a good 40% of the true rune's names incorrect.
They got the names right, they just misaligned the pictures with the words. You could tell if you just pushed all the names back one rune, it would pretty much fit. I love that page, I love the Art of the Runes, the way they shine and are sorta 3d but sorta not.
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

Well since no one else has, I am going to post a few pictures of my game and artbook.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/1691/dscf44782yp.jpg

Game and artbook, I apologize for the lack of lighting. I should have waited until morning.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4206/dscf44796ij.jpg

Opened artbook.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/6633/dscf44828pl.jpg

Artbook at around the middle section, a sketch of the Prince of Falena himself. :D
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Sickpup wrote:Did anyone else notice the new rune in the back of the artbook, the Dark Rune? I was intrigued because it looks like a part of the Soul Eater.
The Darkness rune (dark) Was also in Suikoden II so its not a new rune. I don't know why they could not have added ness at the end of Dark because it is the Darkness rune.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Mikalakatov wrote:
Sickpup wrote:Did anyone else notice the new rune in the back of the artbook, the Dark Rune? I was intrigued because it looks like a part of the Soul Eater.
The Darkness rune (dark) Was also in Suikoden II so its not a new rune. I don't know why they could not have added ness at the end of Dark because it is the Darkness rune.
Translation error offcourse. Suikoden is famous for it. Or should I say Infamous?