Release date changes to March 21?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
himurokoken

Release date changes to March 21?

Post by himurokoken »

The release date at gamestop.com is now set to March 21, 2006.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

It could well be because we are so close. But I will wait and see if EB changes too.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The only release date you need to be overly concerned about is Konami's, which still says "Spring 2005".

Everything else is guesswork, and the fact that we're so close to the supposed release date and Konami still say "spring" is not a good sign.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

[quote]and the fact that we're so close to the supposed release date and Konami still say "spring" is not a good sign.[/quote]

Actually, I would have to agree as I said the something similar before when they changed it from March 2006 to that.

But Konami has been known to do some stupid things concerning Suikoden. So it's not impossible that could be a solid date. But like said I will wait and see what the Konami and other game sites say before trusting gamestop.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I just called my gamestop, they said suikoden 5 is out march 22 of this month

looks lke its truthful, the manager also said that when they get art books and cd's they usually get around 15 to 20 of them

personally I dont see any possibility of suikoden 5 coming out in april, all the game stores are well informed

EDIT= I called EB games and they told me the overall price of the game is 40 dollars, it looks like EB has lowered its price

they also said that suikoden 5 was cmoming out march 29th as aposed to gamestops release date which is the 22nd
Night

Post by Night »

son_michael wrote:personally I dont see any possibility of suikoden 5 coming out in april, all the game stores are well informed
That's kinda optimistic. I work in a game store (I think one of the mods used to, and hopefully will back me up on this) and I can tell you that the staff no more through their own interest than they do through the company. To give an example, for about 3 weeks in January the company was telling us that Kingdom Hearts II had been cancelled. Even now I don't know where they got that nonsense from.

Many of our release dates are either estimated or far behind the times. So just a warning, the date the company might be telling its staff might just be an estimate made by the folks in head office, who often have little knowledge about the gaming industry (especially if ours are anything to go by).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I sincerley hope thats not the case, preety much every gamestore has got the release date scheduled for the end of march so I dont think they ALL are just pulling something out of there ass...but who knows

I dont think konami is well informed either, im sure they have ALOT of people working under them and they cant keep track of all there divisions, its very possible for konami advertisement to advertise the game for spring and tell king and sakiyama its spring but then the people who actually ship the game could decide to ship it earlier and the stores would get those dates

of course...this is what im hoping...
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Actually, March 28th was confirmed by Konami back at Konami Gamer's Day in February. That's why all of these stores and such have it down for March 28. Since KHII's release date was set AFTER Suikoden V's, which was the same day, March 28, and it makes sense that Konami would up it by one week.

Since they changed the release date today or so, it's quite possible that other stores like EB and Amazon just haven't updated their systems yet.
Buff

Post by Buff »

just checked the gamestop site and it says march 21, but ebgames still shows a march 28. the march 21 date is prolly going to be the actual release date. look at how long it took ebgames to change their price from 49.99 to 39.99. so they won't be update with their release date yet.
Basel

Post by Basel »

* Jumping all over the plac* :D :D :D
I have just received this email from EBGames:
Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we’ll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Suikoden V of 3/21/2006. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

To check the status of your order, please visit https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/myaccount/o ... efault.asp

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing EBgames.com.

Best Regards,

EBgames.com Customer Service Team
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Buff

Post by Buff »

sweet, thanks for showing us that.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Sweet!!! I reserved it at EB Games about 3 weeks ago so i'm gonna sit back and wait(hopefully without getting too excited and peeing all over myself)
PSN: FreshMetal80
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

It looks like the actual release date is March 21, 2006. =P Many websites have that release date now (IGN, Gamefaqs, Gamestop, EBgames, etc).
YuberPesmerga

Post by YuberPesmerga »

Just three more days from now.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I'll be there to pick it up as soon as they call me. I need a break from all my daily stress, and a new Suikoden will do just that.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.