Buying suikoden books (mangas and normal books)

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Iku

Buying suikoden books (mangas and normal books)

Post by Iku »

Hi
Ive been looking on the internet but have been having trouble finding any suikoden novels or mangas that are in english but send to America
Umm could you help please!! :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Have you tried the collectables forum? There's many places in that forum where the Suikoden III manga is mentioned, and also the fact that it's available in full english up to volume eight. Most bookstores and Suncoats sell them, among other places.

http://tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?property ... rycode=BMG
Aisling

Re: Buying suikoden books (mangas and normal books)

Post by Aisling »

Iku wrote:Hi
Ive been looking on the internet but have been having trouble finding any suikoden novels or mangas that are in english but send to America
Hello, Iku.

I was in Birmingham last summer, and I found there a wonderful store called Forbidden Planet; they do carry TokyoPop stuff and they do have the Suikoden III manga.

England´s geography is not my greatest point, sorry... so I don´t know where Doncaster is exactly, but this store locator may be of help:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/WhereWeAre.shtml

In any case, you can order products from them as well.

And about the novels, they have not been translated into English, but if you can, please visit this thread in the Tokyopop forum; it was created by Mikalatov, a Suikosource member.

http://messageboard.tokyopop.com/forums ... php?t=1419

Hope you can add your voice to it... we´re basically trying to make the Tokyopop editors to (re)cosider the plan of translating the Suiko novels. If they see that there are lots of people who want them, maybe they will decide to do so.

Hope this has been helpful, and please excuse any English mistakes.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Books-A-Million and BooksAMillion.com has then. I'm sure Barnes and Noble.com has it too.
Purr.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Amazon.co.uk carries them, and they have reasonable shipping rates locally as well.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Did anyone face any problems with ordering the manga from BN before? I ordered three volumes and the first pages are in black and white :x
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Nope. I've ordered 2 of them from there and mine were fine. I have found some on the actual shelves that had the first 3 in black and white, but there were others of the same volume that had the color.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

How peculiar. Does this mean Tokyopop produced two versions of the manga series: one with coloured pages, and one without?

That's silly. It's not like there is a difference in price or anything.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Basically to cut print costs it seems later printings are in all black and white for the first several pages that originally had been printed in color much like the Japanese.

In fact, the quality of US Suikoden III manga has diminished significantly on all levels. The transaltion is shoddy at points and inconsistent with terms used earlier in the books. Several blatant typos have worked their way in. The grayscale gradients are rougher and on darker toned panels detail is lost in print.

Basically most of their manga with the exception of the ridiculously popular titles such as Fruits Basket has taken this hit. I've noticed it quite a bit and it is not a welcome change.
Night

Re: Buying suikoden books (mangas and normal books)

Post by Night »

Iku wrote:Hi
Ottakers bookstores also stock the Suikoden II mangas, and they may be able to order in for you any they don't have.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away