Suiko Cards

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
YubersNightRune

Suiko Cards

Post by YubersNightRune »

Hello my fellow suikosource members I need some help and I would appreciate any of it :) I'm interseted in buying suikoden cards but unfourtanatlly I can't read Chineese nor do I have the knowoledge of how much yen equals in american money so, Can someone help me out with this I'm interested in buying the {Suikoden I card set (Full)} and also the {Suikoden II card set (full)} and yet another unfortunate factor is that I'm not 18 years old so purchaseing from E-Bay is near to impossible and on Chineese websites I can't read them so....

Can someone please tell me the value on yen to standard American bills and also,Can someone tell me where to purchase the card sets(Any other website is fine just not E-Bay or auction sites).

I shure appreciate any help given.

Thanks, Alfred :D
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Firstly, actually there are more than one set depicting characters from each of those two Suikoden titles. Often no single set include every character from a particular game. (The only exception would be their final set, which includes ALL named Suikoden IV cast, if I'm not mistaken.) And, often some characters appear in multiple sets as well.

I'm not aware of any Chinese websites selling these cards online, but there are plenty of Japanese ones which are the best source for these cards. Also, it's almost impossible to find complete sets on non-auction English sites, because the cards themselves are not sold as complete sets. (They come in booster packs/boxes and starter decks, and you collect . i.e. Cardhaus.com)

If you are still looking for complete sets, why not try the auction section of Yahoo! Japan? They occassionally appear there, but the price can be overwhelming sometimes. Even if you can't read Japanese well, there are a few sites out there that offers some sort of "middle-person" service in English to participate in the auctions for you. (However, since you singled out all auction sites, it'll be difficult to locate sellers who are willing to sell complete sets... honestly.)

As for forex, try googling "currency exchange" or similar, and you should be able find plenty of sites for that kind of information.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Hi.

Just want to add a couple of things to what patapi said.

Virtually every major character (both heroes and villains) from Suikoden 2 up to Suikoden 4 are in the cards at some point. Most of them are actual Character cards as well. The only major character I can think of that is not a character card is Gorudo (from Suiko 2) as he is only available to get as a Mastermind.

Suikoden 1 fans are in for a rough time though as not many of the characters from that game are in the cards. I think if I remember correctly I counted them up once and at least 30 of the characters are missing but there most probably is more.

Also as patapi said the cards have been extremely hard to get ahold of the past couple of years and thats just on Japanese auction sites. I remember when there used to be 5 - 8 pages of the cards being sold on Yahoo Auction Japan. Now unfortunately you would be lucky to find 2 pages for them.

Also there is something I would just like to add. Be prepared that you might not get the collections complete unless you are extremely persistent. It all varies from set to set but the Vol. 2 rare cards (containing the Suiko 1 characters - though the actual rare cards in this set are Suikoden 3 characters drawn very differently to how they looked in the game - personally I think the Suiko 3 characters all look younger) are EXTREMELY rare and I do mean extremely. I have been collecting the Suikoden cards for a few years now and I still do not have that Set complete (I am missing 2 of the 7 rare cards in it). There was a Suikoden Card site where the owner bought a load of Booster Boxes for Vol. 2 and he found on average that every sixth box had a rare card in it. The Vol. 1 cards are not as bad as Vol. 2 but considering Vol. 1 was the first set to come out they are getting harder to find.

Konami has two terms for the rare cards. The normal rare cards are described as just that - rare cards. However the extremely hard to get rare cards are described as being "Secret Rare".

Anyway sorry for babbling on. Good luck with your search for the cards. Hope you get what you want. :D