What are everyone's overall impressions of the SIII manga?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

What are everyone's overall impressions of the SIII manga?

Post by dragonmasterx »

I'm curious as to if they're as boring as the Suikoden 1 and 2 novels, although the short story volumes are good.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I love it, it shows scenes that arent in the game, and gives alot more info on the main story

for example= chapter 1 starts out with hugos birth, and shows you how he met fubar and how he earned fubars trust, another example is, we see when captain galahad and the second in command die, in chris's first battle

the suikoden 3 manga is awsome and it deffinetley is worth buying, deffinetley not boring as there is lots of new content and the story is s little different
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The manga does an excellent job explaining the plot of Suikoden 3. It actually changes some of the plot, but the effect is that it makes more sense than the game itself. Aki Shimizu is definitley a good manga artist. The manga keeps getting rave reviews in Japan, and I havn't heared very many complaints in the US either. Of course, our very own HowlingGuild helps proof the translation, which can only mean it's good.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's interesting. What other changes to the plot are there?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

They included a portion where Caesar floods the Duck Village to stall the advance of the Harmonian military. It's interesting because Fumi Ishikawa once said in an interview before Suikoden 3 was released that, "The Duck Village will actually be flooded!" This never happened in the actual game which was somewhat odd. Perhaps they removed that portion from the game.

Other parts are how Luc removes the True Earth Rune from Sasarai while Sasarai is leading troops in Grassland, instead of back in Crystal Valley. Also, Franz joins after nearly being executed by the Harmonian army, rescued by Queen from a Harmonian camp.

There's many more original scenes in the manga.

Aki Shimizu is also a personal friend of Yoshitaka Murayama, so it woun't be surprising if she gets her ideas from Murayama himself.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

So if the manga is so great, why did KCET decide to go back to a novel format for IV?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden IV was a conscious effort to return to the "old ways" of this series anyway. There is little doubt that the choice of novelization over manga adaptation is yet another attempt towards that aim.
peaceful_riou

Post by peaceful_riou »

I have all of the books released so far, and I have to say they are pretty good!! In the latest volume though...Luc kinda looks a little high...but eh, I still love him.

And...there are suikoden manga volumes of Suikoden I and II!!! *slaps self* I knew it!!!! Man, and here I was searching for them to no avail!!!! >_< GAH!! *rocks back and forth*
~"Not everyone can be happy at the same time, but at least everyone may find happiness sometimes."~
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Like I said in the other topic, they are not manga. They're novels and they aren't in english.
I hope everything is going delicious.
peaceful_riou

Post by peaceful_riou »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Like I said in the other topic, they are not manga. They're novels and they aren't in english.
Okay...so they are just written in Japanese?? Or are they Like manga...with illustrations?? I have seen maybe one or two pictures that look like old manga styles...but yeah.
~"Not everyone can be happy at the same time, but at least everyone may find happiness sometimes."~
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

They are novels in the truest sense.
I hope everything is going delicious.
peaceful_riou

Post by peaceful_riou »

cool! >_< Hmmm... well thanks on the info, I now know what I am searching for...this may make things a whole lot easier... Thankies!!
Pesmerga

Post by Pesmerga »

Speaking of the Novels, does anyone have scans of the pics from the SIV Novel? All I've found thus far is a large pic of the cover with Lazlo and Snowe :)
Richmond: "I'm still not sure what kind of a creature he is. Some people say he's just a
shadow from another existence."

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
peaceful_riou

Post by peaceful_riou »

Pesmerga wrote:Speaking of the Novels, does anyone have scans of the pics from the SIV Novel? All I've found thus far is a large pic of the cover with Lazlo and Snowe :)
I don't have any myself...but I do have artwork I did..like my avatar that you might like of them. So far I only have done one picture of the two of them...but yeah, I think you'd like it! It's on my webpage down below on the www button!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Volume 8 is now available in english

according to the description on the book, chris confronts hugo about her father

you can buy the whole suikoden 3 manga at http://www.discountanime.com