Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Collection

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Kuroi Kenshi

Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Collection

Post by Kuroi Kenshi »

Hey fellow Suikofans!
I've been around these message boards for quite a long while just reading and enjoying most of peoples posts (always so knowledgable at this site), and recently decided to make a new name (since my old name didn't even have activity as is). Aside from my "Hi all!", I wanted to ask for everyone to help me out here if they can. I'm going to post a list of cards I need to complete my collection and if anyone is interested in making trades (I have LOTS of extras) and/or sell any of their own personal cards, I'd love to work something out. But for now, here's my list:

Card Stories 1: Volume 1

005-Gorudo / 012-Kiba / 015-Culgan / 031-Luca / 054-Tomo / 080-Gordon
103-Elza / 120-Sgt Joe / 144-Richmond / 145-Leknaat / 165-Neclord Subjugation (Nekurodo Toubatsu) /
175-Personal Combat 2 (Ikkiuchi 2) / 187-Tavern (Sakaba)

Card Stories 1: Volume 2

241-Joker / 244-Billy / 252-Wilder

Card Stories 1: Premium Packs

313-Pilika / 317-Bolgan / 349-Abizboah / 365-Sasuke / 388-Rikimaru /
393,395,&396 which are all Special Holo Art cards.

Card Stories 1: Volume 3

477-Masked Bishop (Kamen no Shinkan Shou)

Card Stories 1: Volume 4
479-Chris / 483-Nash / 488-Wyatt / 509-Edge / 515-Cecile / 519-Viki (child) /
536-Wind Rincar (Kaze no Monshou no Keshan) / 555-Luc / 556-Sasarai

I have a complete Card Stories 2: Volume 1, and don't have a list of my Volume 2 & 3 handy yet; I'll edit my post later with these.

Card Stories 2: Volume 4
CS2-664-Snowe (Pirate/Kaizoku) / CS2-655-Snowe (Drifting/Hyouryuu)
CS2-675-Reinbach 2 (World/Yo) / CS2-678-Akagi / CS2-703-Rakuji's Father (Rakuji no Chichi) /
CS2-714-Kurei's Son (Kurei no Musuko) / CS2-734-Mitsube / CS2-742-Robu no Otoko

And that's that, I suppose. So if anyone is interested in working out any offers, or even know a good place to point me in the direction of to complete these sets it would be much appreciated. Other than that, thanks for your time and see you around!
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I'd be interested in that, but it would probably be best to do that via private messages.

By the way, all others out there who have cards and are interested in trading, feel free to message me as well! :D
Royal

Post by Royal »

There used to be a few more of us that collected the cards hanging around here (and some of the other Suikoden forums) a while back. In the end, though, it ended up being either too expensive or too time-consuming for most of us to keep up with it. I haven't updated my extras/wish list since last March - not that it's changed much since then.

For what it's worth, the list is at http://www.pyro.net/~royal/cards/index.html.

I pretty well stopped collecting once the third volume of SCS II came out, partly because of the cost and partly because I'd gotten tired of how much work it was to find these cards. :)
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Is this a card game like Magic the Gathering or Pokemon? Or are these cards only good for collecting?
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

It is a playable game, like Magic, but the cards are all in Japanese. For me, they're only good for collecting. Not that that should be a big problem for you...
Kuroi Kenshi

Post by Kuroi Kenshi »

Thanks for the link Royal! I'm at work right now, so I'll have to wait until I get home to check it (servers only allow me to check certain sites -_-). Anyway, I'll check it out and see what I can do for you and Kirke. Sorry Kirke, I have yet to check on my extra's versus your list. But I promise I'll get to it. I'm house sitting for someone, so I've been a bit busy and I'm probably swinging out towards Otakon this weekend. I'll try and get it down before the weekend.

dragonmasterx: The game is a mixture of magic and illuminati (if you've ever played that). The best thing to suggest if you don't want to sink the money into the collectible side (Let me tell you, as everyone has said before, it gets expensive and some sets are out of print, I think.), is to get the Gameboy Advance import of Gensosuikoden Card Stories. You can get a feel for how the game plays and it has a story mode; plus it comes with 3 sample cards (Riou, Luca, and one other I forgot). PS: Keep up the good work with the talk of the manga and stories. I'm definately going to pick them up (outside of the Suikoden III manga that I have). Its hard to find some of the art books at times, but I know lots of places online have them.

Does anyone else at all collect/play the game on the boards anymore? Also, I'd love to trade for any signed cards. I have 3 right now: Clive, Futch and I believe Barts.

One final note for lots of people who collect ALL things Genso Suikoden. Some of you who might also have Japanese PSX/PS2's might skip out on the Suikogaidens for text based reasons, but they also have amazing anime intro's right along the lines of Suikoden III. If you get a good price; the games are worth it.

Sorry- enough babbling.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Kuroi Kenshi wrote: One final note for lots of people who collect ALL things Genso Suikoden. Some of you who might also have Japanese PSX/PS2's might skip out on the Suikogaidens for text based reasons, but they also have amazing anime intro's right along the lines of Suikoden III. If you get a good price; the games are worth it.

Sorry- enough babbling.
^^ I'll second that! The intros are stunning, and the artwork throughout is great.
I have Card Stories GBA, but the real ones are just too expensive for me to even consider collecting :cry: If they can bring out the flipping .Hack cards, why can't we have Suikoden!!
Royal

Post by Royal »

Kimimi wrote: I have Card Stories GBA, but the real ones are just too expensive for me to even consider collecting :cry: If they can bring out the flipping .Hack cards, why can't we have Suikoden!!
Yeah, CCGs are a money sink, no matter where the cards are from. That's part of the reason why I pretty much stopped collecting the Suikoden cards.

Funny you should mention .hack, though. The game actually had some popularity here and there in the U.S., until the company publishing it started blatantly neglecting the game. Eventually they found out the hard way that there are plenty of other things people can spend their money on besides their CCGs. Kind of a shame, too, since it had good gameplay.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

I've dabbled in Magic and YuGiOh and the amount of money I spent is unbelievable - it's not even as if there's many places to play, either :/
The .hack CCG was pretty good fun, but I stopped buying after the first few preconstructed decks because it seemed a bit pointless :cry:
It's be nice if they did an updated Suikoden one, maybe based around 3 with the newer card sets in?
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

Money sink is right - while I was in Japan I was really into collecting them (even got an official binder to put them in!), but since I don't really keep up with it (and who could I play with in Texas anyway?), I'm really leaning towards just selling them. So, uh, if anyone's in the market, dop me a line!
Kuroi Kenshi

Post by Kuroi Kenshi »

Sorry if anyone has tried to reach me recently. I've been without a PC for some time and am finally getting set up back online. Let me know if you tried to get a hold of me with no luck. I also have my list that I was missing to edit my top post with (Look for that later on today). Thanks all.
Valixian

Post by Valixian »

i wonder what kind of cards are you talking to. But i want to collect any kinds of items relted to suikoden but i am very disappointed because i cant see anything like cards, action figure etc. here in the Philippines.
"Real Knowledge is to know the innocence of everyone"
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

So is the game actually fun. Do any of the people here who collect them actually play. If so what is you take on the card game?
Stallion-X

Post by Stallion-X »

well I was searching for suikoden card for long but I never found any in Indonesia, can someone help me? I want to order from the internet but I don't know from where, it's kinda hard to find suikoden card since it's all in japanese language and in my country they only sold cards like magic, pokemon, wwe that have the english version >.<

It's just too bad that suikoden didn't make the english card...
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Stallion-X: I hate to be the burden of bad news but it is near impossible now to get the Suikoden cards (even from the internet). The cards have long been out of print and they are extremely rare (even in Japan). Outside of Japan the cards, naturally, are even more harder to get (usually only the starter sets seem to pop up on E-bay now from time to time).

If you desperately want to get the cards some are still being sold on Yahoo Auction Japan. However unless you know someone there that can bid on them for you then getting them might be a problem. I was lucky as I have a friend in Japan who got mine for me but there are other ways to get them even you desperately want them. There are online companies that can bid on them for you (Celga is one of the most famous ones, a friend of mine tried them and had no problems whatsoever). I hate to say it but I think that's your only chance.

It's interesting to note just how much things have changed in Japan. A couple of years ago when the cards were still being released and were at there peek there used to be between 10 - 15 pages worth of cards on Yahoo Auction Japan. Now sadly there only seems to be between 2 - 4 pages worth.