Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Collection

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Kuroi Kenshi

Re: Genso Suikoden Card Stories Card Collection

Post by Kuroi Kenshi »

This is just incase anyone is still looking to trade cards. I have lots and lots of extra now. I should probably update my main list as I've filled in quite a few holes.
Piastol

Post by Piastol »

Hi,

I desesperatly try to finish the set : Suikoden Card Stories 1: Volume 2...

if a kind person get these :

please send me a message ;)
Royal

Post by Royal »

Unfortunately, I have kind of bad news for you. There are seven very rare cards from Volume 2, and all six of the cards you're looking for are among them. (The other one, in case you're wondering, is 241, Joker.) Pretty much everyone I know of that is (or was) collecting these cards is still looking for most of these cards, including me.

Volume 2 was fairly infamous among the card sets for its rare cards. With some of the other sets, you'd see an average of two rare cards in a box of 15 packs - usually one normal rare card and one Radiance Star Parallel card. With Volume 2, most of the time you'd get just one rare card, and it could be either a regular card, a Star Parallel card, or a Radiance Star Parallel card.

I'm not even sure if HowlingGuild was able to complete that set. I'm pretty certain no one else around here was able to.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Royal wrote:Volume 2 was fairly infamous among the card sets for its rare cards. With some of the other sets, you'd see an average of two rare cards in a box of 15 packs - usually one normal rare card and one Radiance Star Parallel card. With Volume 2, most of the time you'd get just one rare card, and it could be either a regular card, a Star Parallel card, or a Radiance Star Parallel card.

I'm not even sure if HowlingGuild was able to complete that set. I'm pretty certain no one else around here was able to.
I must have been extremely unlucky with some of the later sets then as I rarely got 2 rare cards in a box. In fact I was lucky if I even got one rare card.

Most of the sets that have rare cards in them are extremely hard to complete due to the rarity of the cards though you are correct that Volume 2 is the infamous one but that's because there are no rare cards in that set. The seven cards are actually "Secret Rare" cards which is another term for what we call the "ultra rare" cards. The Luc and Sasarai cards in Vol. 4 are the same and for them they can only be got as either Radiance Star Parallel or Signed cards.

I hardly have any of the sets complete with the exception of the Premium set and the Card Stories 2 Vol. 2 set which only has McDohl and Gremio as rare cards.

Ironically though I do almost have all of Volume 2 complete. Even more ironic is that 241. Joker is the only one I am missing. Rhett is actually the most common of the cards and often appears on Yahoo Auction Japan. The others, however, do not. In fact ever since I got both Duke and Ace from there I have never seen them for sale again.

Incidentally, Royal, if I remember I think I did a trade with you a couple of years ago. I remember I gave you 249 Rhett as I had a spare and you gave me three rare cards since that was a secret rare (one of which was Nash but the other two escape me at the moment).
Royal

Post by Royal »

That sounds about right. I probably still have the e-mails sitting in my inbox somewhere.

It does sound like you had very bad luck with the rare cards. Aside from Volume 2, I pretty consistently got one rare and one RSP per box. Then again, I never did end up getting very many of the Card Stories 2 cards. It was just too much work hunting down the cards, and I didn't feel like trying to hunt them down on any of the Japanese auction sites when I didn't know the language at all.

Once Konami came out with the book that had illustrated copies of all the cards, that pretty much did it for me. I still have all my cards, and I'm still open to doing trades, but I'm no longer actively trying to complete the sets.