About Doujinshi......

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Seink

About Doujinshi......

Post by Seink »

I am not sure if anybody has brought up this topic b4.....

I recently realised that a lot of Suikoden doujinshi is yaoi(gay stuff...).......

Was it just me or is there a reason to explan this phenomenium?????

And if u somehow know of any non-yaoi nice doujinshi please post 2....
It's heavy for man to move the wheel of destiny but not impossible.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Yaoi is a very profitable market and that is the reason why there's always many doujinshi that focuses on a yaoi coupling. There's actually a large percentage of doujinshi that isn't yaoi, but the more profitable yaoi ones seem to make its way here outside of Japan at ebay auctions.

Yaoi has been around much much longer than the emergence of FFVII, but Cloud X Sephiroth pairing is indeed popular.

I think an increase of yaoi might be felt outside of Japan, but in Japan, there is no increase of yaoi at this current time. It's just getting more profitable internationally.

Since you're into non-yaoi doujinshi, you may want to look into buying those comic anthologies of the Suikoden series. Those are bascially collections of many non-yaoi doujinshi.
Talon

Non Yaoi doujin

Post by Talon »

To answer your first question the reason why so many Suikoden doujins are Yaoi is probably because Suikoden has alot of bishounens(pretty boys) and for better or worst most anime, manga, and video games that have pretty boys tend to attract yaoi fan(girl)s and therefore have alot of yaoi doujins made about them.

So,in short bishounen=yaoi doujins.

For your second question, yes, there are non-yaoi Suikoden doujins. I know because I own a straight hentai one. Can't read japanese so I don't know the title. I do not know of any other Suikoden doujins.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yes combine countless bishonen with fangirls and yaoi happens. And sadly most of the doujin you have a hope of finding through an american site or source are the yaoi.

Of course it's not all random guys, it's usually the same few characters over and over.

Flik and Victor
Camus and Miklotov
Luc and insert random 108 star
Gremio and Tir
Riou and Jowy

Those have to comprise the vast majority of the yaoi pieces out there. And I am not kidding on the random character with Luc thing. Between doujinji and fanfiction i think he has paired with countless people from Futch to Viki to Yuber to Sasarai.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Luc and insert random 108 star
so tru ;o; Sheena, of all people!! Oh well, there's Shu x Riou to add to the mix.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yes I did omit the disturbingly popular Shu and Riou.
Hyatt_is_Dead

Post by Hyatt_is_Dead »

Yaoi fangirls aren't all that bad... ;-;

But... well... even as a fangirl, I'll admit some of the pairings I've seen are rather disturbing. Like... Duke and Nash. Sometimes I honestly believe people just threw darts at a list of the Stars of Destiny and just picked names.
But then, people do that for all fandoms, het, yuri, and yaoi. So... yeah.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I found a Suikoden 3 Doujinshi at the Anime Central convention this year. Tommarow I'll scan it n post it here for ya Seink^_^ I can't really read it..umm..but no guys are kissing and it's all cute chibi's! (Like Yuber with a paper fan!(l))

heehee, I'm a yaoi fangirl and speaking of odd pairings; one pair that REALLY disturbed me is Ace and Duke....O.o
Nina_Blight

Post by Nina_Blight »

Does anybody here know where can I download Suikoden Doujinshi instead of BUYING it on the internet? Oh, and please make sure it's in English/scanlations or something. I'm in a mood for more yaoi doujinshi ^^; I need more manga.....I'm obsessed.
Dork

Re:

Post by Dork »

Nina_Blight wrote:Does anybody here know where can I download Suikoden Doujinshi instead of BUYING it on the internet? Oh, and please make sure it's in English/scanlations or something. I'm in a mood for more yaoi doujinshi ^^; I need more manga.....I'm obsessed.
Here you go some free Suikoden Doujinshi http://www.doujinshi.rocks/tag/suikoden/
sticky-runes

Re: About Doujinshi......

Post by sticky-runes »

to hell with yaoi crap, we need bara.