Genso Suikoden Trading Figures

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Pesmerga_Bloodbane

Post by Pesmerga_Bloodbane »

Seems like the figures are already out. I just saw it on ebay this morning.
Alayna

Post by Alayna »

Eao wrote:I wish they had a Snowe, or a Jowy figure. and had kept the flame champion.

what a shame. I guess I need to make my own. *hears the screaming of 10000 souls*
Lord, I would kill for a Jowy figure.. Flame Champion would really rock too..

I wouldn't be suprised if they release a 2nd assortment of figures, like with Gremio, Jowy, Nanami, Flame Champion, Snowe, etc etc etc.
Hot Like Wasabi

Post by Hot Like Wasabi »

I got my first figure last week (Tir) and while a tad smaller then I thought it would be it is still very cool looking. On a related note Yamato's US branch has released the series of figures here in the states so it will be cheaper to get your hands on these which is awesome news.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Yes they did, I already have all the Japanese but I might get one US one for the Packaging...

Now apparently Heo4's chest joint is loose, I have the same problem and so does another guy in Suikox, so if not all Hero4 then at least some of them have that problem...

There some minor problems with other figures like Chris legs, and Hugo's base holes and weapon holes in my case, and the loose Nash hands...

But nothing severe unless you remember your young days and start playing with them...

However Hero4 problem is too much, you can even move him around without him coming off and some way to stick him together is required, for the ones that have this problem there are many thing to use to keep him together that don't destroy the plastic and are not permanent take your favorite method, and try to keep him together...

Now I don't know but the figures have been rather successful and as a wishful thinking, a second batch (with les problems hopefully) with secondary characters like Jowy, Nanami and Gremio as others have mentioned will be very appreciated...
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I bought a Hugo a little while ago and I noticed he seems to be a bit more squat then the orignal model on the back of the U.S. package. On the original model i can see his face clearly but when I look at mine sitting on a flat surface his face seems to be tilted donward a bit. It might just be me being a perfectionist but I wonder.....

By the way which figure do you all think has the best paint job? My votes Hugo - that being the reason a bought him and put him on display in my room in the first place
Rubi

Post by Rubi »

I was so excited when i saw these figures. I had no idea they were coming out. I work at a video store and we got one set of them in and as soon as i saw them i took them right down and bought them. I'd say my favorite is HeroI because he is the man!! I really hope they keep making more sets. I wanna see all the elves made at least. ^_^x
Excalibur1027

Post by Excalibur1027 »

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. They're pretty cool! I only have two problems with them though. First, did anyone else have a heck of a time trying to put Chris's scabbard on? The hole is located right under her hand, so I was a little afraid of damaging her arm if I tried to move it up to fit the scabbard on. Second, my Hero 4's upper body falls off if you even look at him the wrong way. And from what I'm hearing it sounds like I'm not the only one. Two questions though.

One, are all the complaints about Hero 4 coming from those who have the imported ones? I'm just wondering if the ones released in the US on the blister cards have the same problem.

Two, does anyone know if they are indeed going to be making a second set of characters? Anything slightly official at all?

Oh, and I agree that Hugo definitely has the best paint job. Just because of how much detail they put into the designs on his Karayan outfit.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

My Hero 4 is kinda tippy as well, and he's from a blister card. I'll probably toss some super glue in there - at least in the joints that aren't optional (Hero 4's body, Geddoe's legs, Tir's Head, etc.) Haven't done it yet though.

I wonder if the parts are interchangeable. I'm at work now so I can't find out, but it would be funny to switch arms/heads on some of the characters.

BTW - I only ended up buying the blister pack versions because three unlabeled boxes gave me three Tir McDohls. :? He IS my favorite, but still...
Excalibur1027

Post by Excalibur1027 »

Super glue sounds like a good idea if any loose joints start to become a problem.

Who here didn't buy their figures online? Because I've been trying to find the ones in blister cards, but I've had no luck yet. My Gamestop and EB Games don't have any, and nobody else even knows what they are.

Also, just curious, but are any of the figures staring to become more sought after than the others? I only ask incase I ever find myself having to make a decision between one or another. It would be nice to know which was the better deal.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

I was really impressed with the amount of detail that they put into them - I bought Hugo and Nash. I'm in the Uk so I expected to have to buy them online, but a local comic shop had them for £3.99 each! So I grabbed them and most of the Suikoden 3 manga too (still waiting for parts 1&2 to be restocked). I have to get Chris next! :D
A second set would be amazing - Jowy, the Flame Champion, Luca Blight... maybe not though, because releasing four sets of 108 stars (+NPCs) would bankrupt me!
Squee_McSquiggles

Post by Squee_McSquiggles »

I just bought the heroes from the first two games today. I am quite happy with them. I have to wait until after I've moved to take them out of their boxes though :(

I think a good second set would include Flik, Viktor, Ted, Jowy, Snowe (despite the fact that I really don't like him), and possibly Nanami. I think a Jeane figurine would sell really well and she and Viki are the only characters that have been in every game.

Personally, I'd kill for a Sierra figurine but I don't think there will ever be one.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leknaat has also been in all four games thus far.

Anyway, I recently bought the Hero II figurine at Suncoast and just wanted to say that it's amazing! I just think it's cool that stuff Suikoden-related (besides the numbered games themselves) are coming overseas.
Squee_McSquiggles

Post by Squee_McSquiggles »

Really? Do you have to get all 108 stars to get her in 3 or do I just have a really bad memory?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

She only shows up in the 6th POV, which is only available if you recruit all 108 SoDs and keep them alive throughout the entire game.
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Excluding the ones that pop their clogs anyway, right? Never got round to doing that part myself, will have to give it a go!