Cheap music

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Eao

Cheap music

Post by Eao »

is there anywhere I can get soundtracks for under 40 dollars? I mean, sure I can see if I want the soundtrack by doing other things, but I can't make that jump to say "gee let me see if this "celtic collections" is good" and spend my 30 dollars and not like it, being music and not the game I won't be able to sell it for 70 dollars on E-bay.

my only other option is trading art with users/owners who "don't want their soundtrack", ha, the odds of that are slim.

so where is there a place to buy music for 'cheap"?
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

You might wanna try GKworld.com they've got some good deals. I got mine from there.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
kakashi

Post by kakashi »

Try EBAY!!!!
Razakin

Post by Razakin »

Blackblade27 wrote:You might wanna try GKworld.com they've got some good deals. I got mine from there.
Too bad that GKworld.com sells bootlegs.

You could try Gamemusic.com or Otaku.com and see if they have some of the Suikoden soundtracks. And try to avoid Ebay, almost every Suikoden soundtrack is bootleg there. Here's a eBay bootlegger blacklist which is useful in Ebay. And one good rule for shopping cds is that they're almost always around 30+ dollars if they're legitimate cds.
Blackblade27

Post by Blackblade27 »

Yea found that out 40 dollars later. But i got like 6 cds that still have the same music so oh well. But that blacklist is really helpful and I reconized alot of names on that list. I just wish there was a way to tell more ppl to stay away from them.
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

I bought the bootleg Suikoden II soundtrack box set. Only realized it after I bought it. Oh well I'll proboly get the legit ones soon enough. At least I'll a carrying case now.

Also Otaku.com is good I bought from them.
Royal

Post by Royal »

Yeah, otaku.com and gamemusic.com are two of the three sites where I've gotten most of my Suikoden CDs, the third being AnimeNation. I've had good results with all three on numerous occasions. You can also sometimes find them at larger anime conventions, since a lot of them won't tolerate the sales of bootlegs. (Non-anime conventions, like GenCon, are another story, though.)

Lots of people get fooled by bootlegs at least once.
Eao

Post by Eao »

how do you tell if they are bootleg? by sound quality. I can't tell. I have an everanime FF9 CD and it sounds pretty good.
its suppose to be 20 to 30 dollars, mine was 14. I should of know better. Nothing is cheap.

it makes me mad that um....i bought it in a store, and I can't ask if anyone here makes "remixes' godforbid I see somone humming a song in life, I guess I should send the cops on them huh?

is there a way to convince the companies to release more CDs? I mean if they want to make money, they aren't going to do it from me buying somthing off of one of you guys or e-bay, They want out of print things, because it makes them special and have "value". but really, who profits from buying somthing out of print?

and what it do them if its out of print? how does that work...if somthing is out of circulation who makes money off of it?

--------

20 is cheaper than some e-bay prices...thena gain this is the real deal.
its a shame, though I have my own personal money, but you know I can go and blow it on 12 tracks. also I don't have thousands of friend-fans willing to buy me one.
or trade "art for" because i suck completly. though its easier to buy suikoden music than to download becuase of the lack of it.

too bad there isn't a box set or...package deal to get the celtic collections in one shot, lets see...at 30 dollars a piece...that should be...for 3 of them how much? (gamemusic.com) acctually that site is out of some...OMGGG>>>>> now its time to pay 50 dollors for it.
----
PS

http://www.gamemusic.com/cgi-bin/WebObj ... 01&did=101

what does "this mean"? i rermeber seeing news of this on VGmusic.com, so this is an offical CD and a project doen by fans? well, yeah I guess premission is premission huh?
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Mostly by company. Everanime and SonMay are the main ones.

Tell the truth no one really cracked down on bootlegs till anime companies started making domestic versions of anime soundtracks;)
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Eao

Post by Eao »

I guess I can't tell because I only have the game to compair to, I tought my soundtracks sounded good.
Sami

Post by Sami »

Play-Asia is very good site for original Suikoden CDs. Their shipping is pretty cheap, like $5 despite shipping from Asia, and they have deals like coupon deals ($5 off) and combo deals (buy this and this, get $2 off). Also, they carry every Suikoden CD, the latest ones included, like the Rhapsodia / Suikoden Tactics soundtrack. But the soundtracks do cost something like $30 there, too. You just can't get Suikoden soundtracks cheap, because even by Japan's standards, they're expensive. For example, Black Mages CDs are cheaper in Japan than Suikoden CDs.

If you want to get the CDs really cheap, you could try hunting for used copies. Still, you gotta be careful for bootleg buyers trying to pass off their misfortune unto others by getting rid of their bootlegs CDs. The best way is to look for sellers that tell the catalogue number. Suikoden CDs are KICA-number, KOLA-number, KMCA-number or GFCA-number. For example, the catalogue number for Suikogaiden Vol. 1 OST is KMCA-75/6.

One place where you can sometimes find cheap used and legit Suikoden CDs is the Soundtrack Central Marketplace forum.
written by Eao
PS

what does "this mean"? i rermeber seeing news of this on VGmusic.com, so this is an offical CD and a project doen by fans? well, yeah I guess premission is premission huh?
The KFSS guys that make the PMM albums have actually paid a licencing fee to Square. So they've got Square's permission and they're paying for the rights to remix the music.
Last edited by Sami on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
suikofan111

Post by suikofan111 »

Sami wrote:Play-Asia is very good site for original Suikoden CDs. Their shipping is pretty cheap, like $5 despite shipping from Asia, and they have deals like coupon deals ($5 off) and combo deals (buy this and this, get $2 off). Also, they carry every Suikoden CD, the latest ones included, like the Rhapsodia soundtrack. But the soundtracks do cost something like $30 there, too. You just can't get Suikoden soundtracks cheap, because even by Japan's standards, they're expensive. For example, Black Mages CDs are cheaper in Japan than Suikoden CDs.

If you want to get the CDs really cheap, you could try hunting for used copies. Still, you gotta be careful for bootleg buyers trying to pass off their misfortune unto others by getting rid of their bootlegs CDs. The best way is to look for sellers that tell the catalogue number. Suikoden CDs are KICA-number, KOLA-number, KMCA-number or GFCA-number. For example, the catalogue number for Suikogaiden Vol. 1 OST is KMCA-75/6.

One place where you can sometimes find cheap used and legit Suikoden CDs is the Soundtrack Central Marketplace forum.
written by Eao
PS

The KFSS guys that make the PMM albums have actually paid a licencing fee to Square. So they've got Square's permission [you]and[/you] they're paying for the rights to remix the music.

about the suikogaiden 1 ost...

1) does play-asis ship 2 australia?

2) would that cd work on my computer?

thanks, please answer asap, im thinking of getting it!
suikoden rulz =D
Sami

Post by Sami »

suikofan111 wrote: about the suikogaiden 1 ost...

1) does play-asis ship 2 australia?

2) would that cd work on my computer?

thanks, please answer asap, im thinking of getting it!
1) Yep, sure thing.

2) Yep. All Suikoden CDs up to date are real CDs, and all real CDs are universal. "Copy-controlled" discs are the ones that might not work.