Suikoden 4 strategy guide?

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Beer

Suikoden 4 strategy guide?

Post by Beer »

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but will there be an official strategy guide by prima or brady or whoever else makes em?
Fiery Wind

Post by Fiery Wind »

Yep. I saw an advertisement at Game Stop for them. They're selling the guide 20% off when you buy the game. Apparently, they offer this deal with all of the games, so I asked the clerk just to be sure. I saw this advertisement in stores in other cities too, so it's probably a chain-wide thing.
Geddoe The Ho

Post by Geddoe The Ho »

actually, i work at gamestop, so i can clarify this =P

the pre order gift (from gamestop atleast) is the sIV art book. dont know if its been just me, or whatever, but i havnt got mine yet (kinda pissed), but i'm hoping i'll get it when i pick my game up and strat guide at once.

picking up the strat guide with the game should drop it from 17 bucks to 13 bucks, after tax and everything.

and if you didnt know, we got totally jacked when it came to the us suikoden iv give aways. japan got mugs, holographic cell phone hangy straps, and mostlikely, some little girl dressed up as your favorite suikoden character to be your unwitting slave. sweet deal for the damn japanese.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

They always get those kinda deals. Usually you may be able to get lucky, and someone sells them for some mad money on ebay, if you're really that much of a fan, heh.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Geddoe The Ho

Post by Geddoe The Ho »

actually i got my game and my art book today. but the strat guides are late, mostlikely tomorrow. not that i plan on using it, but i figured i would, looks nice with the rest of the collection.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

They told me the art book and the guide come in on Friday. >_< I better get both without problems I swear.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Geddoe The Ho

Post by Geddoe The Ho »

the art book is ok, its more or less the same as every other art book for an anime style rpg i have (most notably tales of symphonia).

the cool part is FINALLY i have actual pictures of some of the true runes. i was trying to get a real pic of the blue moon rune, but could only find these crappy fake ones. i'm getting a tattoo of it and finally got a real pic to use as a refernce.
HeWhoHuntsDeath

Post by HeWhoHuntsDeath »

If possible could you scan a picture of the Black Sword rune and post it? A friend of mine and myself are getting tattoos of the Black Sword and Bright Shield and the only image I have of the Black Sword is very small and doesn't show much detail.
Geddoe The Ho

Post by Geddoe The Ho »

i'd love to, execpt for 2 problems.

1) no scanner

2) its rune listing is the rune of beginings, as it should, since thats what it actually is.

there's a few sites i went to looking for my pic, and they actually had the 2 seperate.

http://suikoden.seiryuu.org/runes-27true.php

that has them seperate, but its not of the best quality, nor is that the actual pic for the true moon rune.

also, i'd like to be a nerd and point out that under the bright shield/black swords previous owners, it DOESNT list han and genkaku. boo on them
guyinblack

Post by guyinblack »

I never got my art book and when I went on gamestop.com to check on my order, it says that I cancelled it. I e-mailed them but didn't get a response yet. Anyone else have this problem?
Geddoe The Ho

Post by Geddoe The Ho »

did you ever take your store credit ammount that you put down for the game, and use it? that could of been it, or maybe that gamestop has idiots working there.

either way, most stores only let the reserve exist for 48 to 72 hours of the games release, at which point they keep your store credit slip you put down on the game, but the copy held for you could of been sold already. also the art book you would of got would mostlikely of been given to an employe. this was how i got one of my "tales of symphonia" art books. the other 2 i just took =P hello EBAY!!
guyinblack

Post by guyinblack »

I finally got it last friday. I pre-ordered it via the web site so I couldn't go in and complain or anything, but oh well, i got it.