Suikoden III official guides...

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Suikoden III official guides...

Post by KFCrispy »

does anyone know what the difference is between these two items?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130687077915?_t ... 97.c0.m619

http://www.amazon.com/Suikoden-Konami-O ... 90&sr=1-13
This one at amazon definitely looks like the guide for playing the game. I'm wondering if the other is just the soft-cover version or if it's about the manga or art..

thanks
Royal

Re: Suikoden III official guides...

Post by Royal »

It's hard to tell for certain, but the one on eBay looks like it's the same as one of the guides I have. The cover 's identical, but I can't tell from the picture alone if they're the same size or not. The ISBN for mine is 4-575-16328-7, and it's about 5 3/4 x 8 1/4 inches. (You might be able to ask the seller for the ISBN.)

If they are the same book, it's a pretty complete strategy guide. I used the Dengeki guide (ISBN 4-8402-1937-0) more, but I didn't think either one was bad.

I don't know anything about the one on Amazon, unfortunately. It's also listed on Amazon's JP website (just search for the ISBN), where it has a one-star review. My Japanese is really shaky, but I got the impression from the review that the guide doesn't cover the entire game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks... i'd only be interested in getting a guide if it details some battle mechanics - formulas and such
Royal

Post by Royal »

It's detailed, but not quite that detailed. It does a pretty good job with things like skill level breakdowns, item drops and probabilities from the area bosses, but it doesn't go all the way to the level of covering damage calculations.

I'm pretty sure none of the guidebooks that I have go into that level of detail, unfortunately.