Suikoden 3 manga volume 4

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Spambi

Post by Spambi »

Luce's real name was suppose to be "Ruth".
Really? I had absolutely no idea! Thanks for pointing that out!!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The most awesome volume yet! My copy just came in earlier today tpp (finally!). The scenes from the game came to life so perfectly... :D

The translation consistency problems are still there though, but no biggie. Didn't realise Longfellow and Caleria the first time through but they decided to use Sindar this time. I wouldn't mind 'Ruth', but it is still inconsistent with the list published in the earlier volumes. It's not about which one is right or wrong now (since it all comes down to retranslating kana names back into its original forms, thus things are bound to get lost in translation), as long as these names are kept consistent.

All in all, great job with the manga. Love it. Lots. Can't wait for the next issue.

One question though, when Caesar spoke of his 'father' -- is the person in that pic Mathiu or George? I'm pretty sure that Leon didn't look anything like that.
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

Ya I thought that was plenty odd. I could of sworn that is the picture of Mathiu
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Its George, Caesar and Albert's father. (I just got the Manga Vol. 4 today)
Renarde Mortelle

Post by Renarde Mortelle »

Err, sorry to revive this old topic, but I was wondering about that myself.

Does anyone have Volume 4 in Japanese? Does it really say the man in the picture is Caesar's (and Albert's) father, or is this the same kanji mix-up that happened when Odessa called Leon her 'father' in a mistranslation? The man in the picture looks exactly like Mathiu, face, hair, clothes and all. Granted, George and Mathiu would look somewhat alike, but still...I just want to know for sure.

Sorry if this has been answered on another topic, I used the Search function but I didn't find anything else about this issue :oops: