Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Luna Cressier

Post by Luna Cressier »

is manga a novel or is a comic?
manga is a mix of both. its an anime in book/novel style.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

so is it written as a story or is is in a comic, that didnt make much sense to me... is it like this? http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prop ... ngapreview
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

A manga is a comic book.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
NoseMaster

Post by NoseMaster »

I just picked up Vol I and II, I didn't even know these existed! There isn't anything else besides the manga for III translated, right?

And it's nice to be able to relive the story but not have to play the game :X. *hated the team crap and the "hold left for 20 minutes dungeons"*
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

These are the only Suikoden comics in English.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

If you ask me it makes no sense to translate only III's manga, I think after they do this they're going to do other Suiko stuff.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami is testing the market.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Where'd you get the sales?

Well, are they marketing it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Go to your local bookstore.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Yes, but at my place manga sells VERY well, and there's ALWAYS atleast 3-5 volumes of a said series.

And I'm talking about the Houston area (go Tejas!). But I'm currently not there, I'm in North Carolina for college.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I've managed to find the first three volumes of the S3 manga. How many volumes are out up to this point?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

4 so far.

The 5th will be released on 2/18.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yeah waiting on the 5th English version.

Although since it seems the books are 3-4 months apart on release I just picked up volume 7 in japanese and trying to get what is going on in it since it would probably take less time than to see an american release.

What I am really liking about the manga is how certain things that there simply was no time to explain fully in the game is being developed a bit more. You get signifigantly more characterization for some of the stars of destiny, particularly Salome. It's a nice little supplement rather than just rehasing the game in its entirety.

Also I do like the artwork quite a bit. A few inconsitencies in teh first volume or two but otherwise it's remarkably detailed in both character designs and backgrounds. Some of the outfits for some of these characters have a lot of lines and it takes quite a bit of effort to draw them proficiently.
Avocado

Post by Avocado »

Hi. I want to know did Suikoden 2 novel got translate to English or Chinese? If so, please tell me where to buy it, online is fine for me. Thanks!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Only Japanese.