Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

hmm, i remember i read the chinese manga. In one episode (think is vol 8 ), the author stated that he left 2 more episodes to conclude suikoden 3, so most likely it will finished at vol 10.
Aisling

The novelizations... could it be...?

Post by Aisling »

Hello everybody.

I read in a magazine (Anime Insider, #23) that some American publishers have realized (finally!) that the manga and graphic novel market is saturated, and so they're aiming for novelizations.

Dark Horse has already released two Vampire Hunter D novels (not exactly a novelizations, since these books were the original source for the animated movies) and two Fullmetal Alchemist novels are coming from Viz. TokyoPop has Slayers and .hack novels already.

Now... does that mean we´ll be having an English translation of the Suikoden novels anytime in the future? I know it´s still a fat chance, but now that these novelizations are coming out, I start to feel a little more hopeful.

Some months ago, I wrote to TokyoPop and suggested them that they should publish the Suikoden novels. I never got an answer (not that I really expected one), and, besides, since they are not the original publishers of the novels (the Japanese branch, I mean), maybe I just wrote to the wrong publisher. Any idea of what should we do in the case that Japanese novelizations suddenly become a hit and publishers are more willing to take chances? Maybe another petition letter like the one that Suikosource did some years ago?

Be happy and excuse my English mistakes,

Aisling
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
conan-kun

Re: Publications - Novels and Comics

Post by conan-kun »

hello ^^ can someone please tell me what's about this manga???
Genso Suikoden Anthology [99/10/10] - Manga
Publisher: Mainichi Communication 1300yen
ISBN4-8399-0097-3 C0979
i mean, which type of stories do you find inside??? and if it's about the suikoden 1 or the 2 or boths....

thanks ^^
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

anyone reading the chinese suikoden iii manga? good news, vol 9 is out!
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

snowydust wrote:hmm, i remember i read the chinese manga. In one episode (think is vol 8 ), the author stated that he left 2 more episodes to conclude suikoden 3, so most likely it will finished at vol 10.
Well the manga has pretty much stagnated at volume 9. And in all honesty I really cannot see it finishing in one more volume with where it goes. I have the japanese version of it and there's still a bit to go.

*spoiler warning for manga volume 9 below*
[spoiler]The 9th book consists of a bit of filler in dealing with the interactions and day to day life at budehuc. Lilly in particular is amusing as is the bath scene. Franz and the LeBuque insect troops are seen as traitors and through Queen end up changing ranks. Luc seems to screw over the Harmonian army, but I am struggling with some of the wording to make things more clear. Geddoe still is MIA for this chapter and has yet to reach Budehuc and the volume just ends with Sasarai arriving with what remains of his supporters. Chris and Hugo still have their true runes. [/spoiler]

So basically where it kinda looks to be at this point is entering the final climax. The last of the major characters are coming into play and the finale is coming up soon, but one more volume looks to be pushing it.

You need to remember originally it was only meant to be 7 volumes and was already extended, so I would not doubt if it ends up going to 11 or 12 to fully conclude it. Of course this is presuming we see it continue.... [/spoiler]
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I haven't been able to find exact information on this (although that was a while back), but have they revealed a specific release date for JP Vol 10 of S3 manga?

[spoiler]The contents of Vol 9 doesn't surprise me though, because it's good to give us some time to explore how the Fire Bringer get along at Budehuc, considering how tense the two sides were at the end of Vol 8. It also gives Thomas more screentime, as well as having Lilly and Fred and their associates some sort of "importance", even if those couldn't compare to how much story involvement they had in the game itself.[/spoiler]
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/in ... 3_1405_409

11/22 is the scheduled release date for the 10th volume according to this. And considering that in Japan most lower volume (ie anything not originally published in one of the widely circulated magazines) is not availiable until it is fairly certain and in come cases virtually shipping I would think it should be fairly accurate. :P
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sweet. Thanks.

This one seems to take longer than usual though. It better be good.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Considering the fact that the cover art features the five true rune bearers in the story, I am thinking that somehow it wraps everything up. I think that is going to be amazing considering that there's still quite a bit to go in terms of resolution.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Oksy. It's out. I don't have it yet, but can anyone verify that this is definitely the last issue?

The only review on Amazon.co.jp seems to suggest otherwise...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I probably won't get it until I head out from school since I have to go through Chicago which has a Japanese market where I can purchase a copy without the shipping costs.

So once I manage to get a copy I'll flip through and see if it indeed ends or if it continues on for another book or two. Might take a bit for me to get a good readthrough though since well..... the kanji in this manga has a tendency to kick my ass. Thank goodness for radicals and dictionaries.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How many volumes again?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

no luck at the japanese market where I typically get my manga. They didn't have a copy which is common since newer releases of everything except the most major titles take their time coming in. I am going to try one more time but if that doesn't work then I might simply order online.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Has anyone been able to get a hold of the tenth volume of the Suikoden III manga yet? Does it end the story, or are there more volumes to come?
I think the 10th volume is the last one.On the Barnes on Nobles release dates it does not go past 10.
Throw your life away for justice.
fragment

Post by fragment »

There will be a volume 11 coming out sometime in the near future. This is the final volume since v. 10 *spoiler* ended with a battle between geddoe and yuber.