Publications - Materials and Art Books

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Eniosus

Post by Eniosus »

That's pretty cool, but how can I find what the ISBN code is for the art book I'm looking for?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Publications - Materials and Art Books

Post by patapi »

It's in the first post of this topic, actually.
HowlingGuild wrote:Genso Suikoden2 108 Stars Character Guide [99/11/09]
Publisher: Shinkigen-sha 1800yen
ISBN4-8-831-7769-6
Specifically, the book is here on Amazon.jp. But unfortunately it's not in stock. There are a few available in the Marketplace, but I've never used those.

Also, this site has that same book backordered. Better than "out of stock", maybe?

There are a few more Japan-based sites appearing when looking up the ISBN through Google, so you can try those as well.
Eniosus

Post by Eniosus »

Oh that's what those numbers were at the begining of the thread, silly me :D

Nice, thanks a lot. I'll keep looking now that I have the ISBN number for it. For the Akadot website. do you have any idea if it's a trusted site? I'm not very familiar with the japanese merchandise stores. Back ordered means they already sent an order for it I supposse, so I guess that gives me enough time, 2 or 3 paydays from now in case I don't find it somewhere else. =)

Hey you guys have been of been of great help, Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Basel

Rhapsodia Art Book

Post by Basel »

Hi,

Are there any plans to release an art book for Rhapsodia?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

Anyone know what site will have the Suikoden V Artbook on sell? I don't think the store I reserved with won't get it.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Basel

Post by Basel »

Suikoden V artbook is offered only as a pre-order bonus, just like Suikoden IV artbook, and it is unlikely that any store will have it on sell. However, you can expect it on eBay soon for a reasonable price :).
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Rhapsodia Art Book

Post by patapi »

Play-Asia should have plenty of the Suikoden V artbooks still available. What an awesome and highly reliable online store, I tell you. ;) [/not true]

On a more serious not, Basel, you have probably found the book you are looking for much earlier, but...
Basel wrote:Hi,

Are there any plans to release an art book for Rhapsodia?
There is a fairly recently published book called Rhapsodia Final Archive. Full body artworks are not available for every character though; only the new Rhapsodia-only characters and those that have significant costume change get featured in the book. However, everyone's portraits are shown.
Last edited by patapi on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Basel

Re: Rhapsodia Art Book

Post by Basel »

patapi wrote:Play-Asia should have plenty of the Suikoden V artbooks still available. What an awesome and highly reliable online store, I tell you. ;)
I have just searched play-asia for 'suikoden artbook' but I could not find any.
patapi wrote: There is a fairly recently published book called Rhapsodia Final Archive.
Thanks patapi for your reply. It is curretnly part of my suikoden publications set :wink: .
For those who are interested in getting a copy, you can find one on Amazon Japan. Just search for the following ISBN 4840232849.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

>_>;;; would americans be able to buy things from Amazon.co.jp? Or has anyone done it before?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Mikalakatov wrote:>_>;;; would americans be able to buy things from Amazon.co.jp? Or has anyone done it before?
Yes you can. just go to help and set your language preference to English. You can use the Search feature of Suikosource to find more info about using Amazon Japan.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Mikalakatov wrote:>_>;;; would americans be able to buy things from Amazon.co.jp? Or has anyone done it before?
Yep certainly doable but be warned that shipping is monstrous and for an artbook expect it to be about double the actual cost of the item for them to ship it to you. It also customarily will take anywhere between two weeks and a month.

I really only suggest this method for something absurdly rare and if you are willing to fork over a pretty pennyfor it.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Dura Sinai wrote:
Yep certainly doable but be warned that shipping is monstrous and for an artbook expect it to be about double the actual cost of the item for them to ship it to you. It also customarily will take anywhere between two weeks and a month.

I really only suggest this method for something absurdly rare and if you are willing to fork over a pretty pennyfor it.
That is true, but you should aim to offset the high shipping costs by ordering more than a single book.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

patapi wrote:
Dura Sinai wrote:

That is true, but you should aim to offset the high shipping costs by ordering more than a single book.
I had seen the Shinsyo (sp) on there for like ¥1 and I found this nice currency translator (well it tells you how much something is in another contry) I found out that ¥1 is worth to US .00853113. But yeah, I would buy more than one book with my purchases, cause I do know that shipping is insane in a lot of buying online places and things.

But buying from Japan, there is this guy on ebay, whom I have bought a lot of Violinist of Hameln stuff from, and I always get my stuff either the week I ordered it, or the week following my ordering. I think more Japanese sellers should be like him.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

patapi wrote: That is true, but you should aim to offset the high shipping costs by ordering more than a single book.
Unless it has changed recently and I doubt it though, the shipping is based strictly on weight so the savings aren't that great when ordering a few items.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Mikalakatov wrote: I had seen the Shinsyo (sp) on there for like ¥1 and I found this nice currency translator (well it tells you how much something is in another contry) I found out that ¥1 is worth to US .00853113. But yeah, I would buy more than one book with my purchases, cause I do know that shipping is insane in a lot of buying online places and things.
Make sure that you get the items from Amazon themselves and NOT from a seller who is listing some items on amazon.co.jp. Usually, sellers do not ship oversea.

As far as the shipping cost is concerned, you have to pay 2700 Yen, around $27, per shipment and 300 Yen, around $3, for each book if you want the items in 3-5 days using DHL. Please note that the conversion rate is around 110. I used $1 = 100 Yen just to make things simple.