Genso Suikoden Card Stories

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Rioudestiny1980

Genso Suikoden Card Stories

Post by Rioudestiny1980 »

I am a huge fan of the whole series and have so far collected alot of merchandise including Comic books, books, Models and posters.

I have alout of all of the series cards and was just wondering if there anyone who is willing to swap/sell some cards. I have some doubles of my collection so if anyone wants to know the detail i will sell them for a gd price!
Runemaster

Re: Genso Suikoden Card Stories

Post by Runemaster »

Firs I believe this should go to the Collectibles section.

I ain't sure if you wanna buy or sell or both but I found a lot of overpriced Suikoden cards on eBay. I never thought there are trading cards more expensive than Yugi-Oh cards.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Royal

Post by Royal »

The cards definitely aren't cheap, at least not in the U.S. It's been a while since I've looked on eBay, but I'd be surprised if they've gotten any cheaper.

There used to be a handful of people around here that collected the cards, but I'm not sure how many are still even remotely active on the forums, or even still collect for that matter.

One thing that really doesn't help is that most of the sets had a handful of very rare cards. What almost always ended up happening is that you would end up with stacks and stacks of the common cards and still be unable to complete the set. Volume 2 from the first series was really bad about this.

I've still got mine, but there are hardly any non-rare cards that I'm looking for at this point. I'm missing a few of the common cards from volumes 2 and 3 of Suikoden Card Stories II, but that's all. SCS II started coming out right around when I just didn't have the time and energy to keep up with it. That was about three years ago; I don't know if Konami has released any sets after that.
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Do you have a list of all the cards including the rare ones in each set? I'd love to see that to start collecting those
Royal

Post by Royal »

I don't have a full list of all the cards handy, at least not in a format that can be posted easily. I know that Konami used to have a fair amount of information online, though it was all (unsurprisingly) in Japanese. They also published a book a few years ago that had images of the first several sets of cards, but it's probably long since gone out of print. If anyone wants to hunt for it, the ISBN is 4-7753-0175-6.

Anyway, these are the rare cards from each set (that I know of):

Suikoden Card Stories Volume 1: 15 Culgan, 31 Seed, 45 Shu, 80 Gordon, 97 Abizboah, 103 Elza, 120 Sergeant Joe, 145 Leknaat, 175 Single Combat 2, 191 Teleport
SCS Volume 2: 230 Ace, 232 Elaine, 241 Joker, 243 Duke, 244 Billy, 249 Rhett, 252 Wilder
SCS Premium Pack (Fumi Ishikawa edition): 270 Culgan, 272 Seed, 284 Rina, 298 Shu, 332 Gordon, 349 Abizboah, 393-397 (special cards)
SCS Volume 3: 477 Masked Harmonian Priest (Radiance Star Parallel foil card only)
SCS Volume 4: 479 Chris, 483 Nash, 488 Wyatt, 509 Edge, 515 Cecile, 519 Young Viki, 536 Incarnation of the True

SCS II Volume 1: No rare cards.
SCS II Volume 2: 153 McDohl, 164 Gremio
SCS II Volume 3: I don't think there are any rare cards, but I wasn't able to get enough of these cards to tell for certain.

Also, some cards from the first set were only available in the starter deck, instead of the booster packs.
Rioudestiny1980

Post by Rioudestiny1980 »

These are the ebay numbers for the Genso Suikoden cards that i am selling. They are all in amazing condition and being sold for a great cheap considering just how rare they are, all cards are being offered with free postage which make these and even better buy. Please take a look.

zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

whileheavenwept wrote:Do you have a list of all the cards including the rare ones in each set? I'd love to see that to start collecting those
The card list I made which you can find on Gamefaqs covers all of the cards from all the sets. Only the first volume was included in the GBA game.

In terms of the rare cards there were a couple that Royal forgot to mention from the earlier sets:

Suikoden Card Stories Volume 1: 31 Luca
SCS Volume 4: 555 Luc, 556 Sasarai (Radiance Star Parallel foil card or Signed by the illustrator card only)

From the second series here are all the rare cards. The remake booster set is the same as Volumes 1 and 2 from the original series but they have been remade using the new style used for the cards in the second series. Not all the cards were remade though. There are some exceptions such as Pohl and Elza.

SCS II REMAKE BOOSTER: 390 Culgan, 392 Seed, 406 Luca, 435 Shu, 557 Leknaat, 584 Elenor, 585 Katarina, 586 Kika, 587 Glen, 588 Brandeau, 589 Lilin, 638-644 (special cards)
SCS II Volume 3: Royal is correct. There are no rare cards in this set.
SCS II Volume 4: 664 Snowe - Pirate, 665 Snowe - Drifter, 675 Reinbach the 2nd, 678 Akaghi, 703 Rakgi's Father, 714 Cray's son, 734 Mitsuba, 742 Robed Man (Star Parallel or Radiance Star Parallel foil card only), 777 Pirate Ship Subjugation - Rain version, 790 Leknaat (Star Parallel or Radiance Star Parallel foil card only)

Along with the list Royal previosuly gave that's all of the rare cards. Sadly Suiko5 never made it into the cards.

It should be noted that all of the rare cards in Volume 2, 477 in Vol 3, 555 and 556 in Vol 4 and 790 in SCS II Vol 4 are all secret rare cards. In our terms that would be the equivalent to "ultra rare" cards and are far harder to find. If you ever should find someone selling any of these cards for a fairly reasonable price and you either are a collector of the cards or want to collect them I would advise you to get them.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Aww man, they have Snowe cards? I just tried eBay and Amazon though and I can't find them individually :( Anyone know where they could be found?
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

Blutigengel wrote:Aww man, they have Snowe cards? I just tried eBay and Amazon though and I can't find them individually :( Anyone know where they could be found?
You will almost certainly not find them nowadays on e-bay or amazon unless someone is selling their old collection.

I've mentioned this before but it's gotten to the point now where the normal cards are hard to find and the rare cards are virtually impossible to find.

The only place now you will be able to find these cards is either on Japanese auction sites (Yahoo Auction Japan being the main one) or if a Japanese fan is willing to sell them or trade. If you can't speak Japanese your best bet is to keep looking from time to time on Yahoo Auction Japan. If you want the Snowe cards you'll want CSII Vol. 4 though two are rare.

I had a quick look earlier on Yahoo Auction Japan for the cards and literally 99% of the cards being sold were signed cards which is of no interest to me. There were some cards from the Remake Booster for sale but there was no Snowe cards.

Do remember that there are many companies that can bid on Yahoo Auction Japan. Celga and Japamart being two prime examples and two companies that I have used in the past. Around 90% of sellers will not ship internationally on Yahoo Auction Japan so getting one of the aforementioned companies to bid on your behalf is really the only way to get them unless you have a friend who lives in Japan.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Well, that really blows. Looks like I'm not getting them :( They'd probably be way out of my price range anyway. Though it would be nice just to see the art on them; I saw some art for the older cards and they looked pretty neat.
Hyura

Post by Hyura »

I actually used to collect Suikoden cards a lot when I was younger. n--n; I can't remember exactly which sets they're from, but I don't have any use for them anymore so if anyone is interested in buying please feel free to PM me or something. I have around 200 cards I think, all mint condition, and would be happy to scan them. I just wanna get rid of them, so I'll sell them cheap.
Lumiere

Post by Lumiere »

Chapter 1 (556 cards)
Starter Box / Booster Pack Vol.1 (001-191)
Booster Pack Vol.2 (192-257)
Premium Pack (258-397)
Booster Pack Vol.3 (398-477)
Booster Pack Vol.4 (478-556)

Chapter 2 (790 cards)
Starter Deck / Booster Pack Vol.1 (CS2.001-CS2.132)
Booster Pack Vol.2 (CS2.133-CS2.266)
Booster Pack Vol.3 (CS2.267-CS2.374)
Remake Booster (CS2.375-CS2.644)
Booster Pack Vol.4 (CS2.645-CS2.790)