Suikoden Tierkreis OST Availability question

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
SolEstor

Suikoden Tierkreis OST Availability question

Post by SolEstor »

First off, I'm incredibly sorry for joining up and starting off with asking questions like so. I've been.... quite a very, very longtime lurker of these forums, always looking around, reading you guys' topics, but never really having the courage to join up myself. :'D But somehow, this time, since I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere (or perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough?!), I figured, let me just take this opportunity to sign up, and just ask away rather than pulling my hair out in frustration.

So basically I started playing Tierkreis some while back (still playing actually! and loving every tiny little bit of it!), and after a while decided I really, really want the soundtrack. Really want! But somehow, I can't seem to find it anywhere, in any shop at all? Am I just very blind or is it simply not available outside of Konami Japan's own shop? :?

(Unfortunately, I missed the Japanese LE release of it, nor had the advantage of getting the pre-order bonus that you all US residents had! My pre-order = simple game!)

So anyways, the basic question/summary of all my long babble - anyone know where I can actually buy this? :'D Sorry if I'm asking a question already answered! And if it already has been answered, can someone just direct me to that and er.... just ignore my rudeness? I'm actually trying to avoid nosing around in the Tierkreis sections too much, so that I don't accidentally run into any spoilers!
Runemaster

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis OST Availability question

Post by Runemaster »

eBay... :shock:
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
SolEstor

Post by SolEstor »

So really truly only ebay, eh? :? How... odd. Its almost like... it was out of stock from the moment it was printed? (Or perhaps I'm being over eager and maybe someday soon it shall flood all the shops? :'D *wishful thinking*)

But thanks a lot. :) I guess I'll force myself to take a look over there then. (Its just that, I've never used ebay, and am kind of extremely wary, since one can easily get a pirated-fake copy, ne? But if there be no other option~)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Honestly, Konamistyle is probably your best bet. It does appear on eBay from time to time though.

If you don't have a Japan address, the deputy services might be able to help you out with Konamistyle.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

There's a couple of it at eBay, one even worth $8. I wanna buy it but I guess... next time!

Good luck, SolEstor!
SolEstor

Post by SolEstor »

I hadn't even thought of deputy services! :'D I'm checking those out right now too! (Though honestly, I have a feeling with their shipping/services costs combined, they'll make that one soundtrack as expensive as finding one on ebay [I can see no 8$ worth soundtracks? Atleast those from buyers who'll ship all over Asia/World O__o They be ranging from 60$ to 99$. :/ That's a lot, right?])

By the way, question number 2. Now that I'm looking more closely through all these ebay stuffs, I'm coming across different versions with different definitions on them. To be exact, same cover, but some are I think those that came with the Japanese LE and some are the ones one could buy separately. What is the difference between the OST with 2 CDs + 1 DVD, the OST with 3 CDs, and lastly this one with apparently 3 CDs and 1 DVD. What is this DVD??
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

SolEstor wrote:I hadn't even thought of deputy services! :'D I'm checking those out right now too! (Though honestly, I have a feeling with their shipping/services costs combined, they'll make that one soundtrack as expensive as finding one on ebay [I can see no 8$ worth soundtracks? Atleast those from buyers who'll ship all over Asia/World O__o They be ranging from 60$ to 99$. :/ That's a lot, right?])
Yeah. The costs escalate a lot, so you might want to shop around for a bit. If you are checking out deputy services, you might even want to browse Yahoo!Japan auctions in case they'd be cheaper over there.

I wish common places like Play-Asia would pick it up, but alas.
By the way, question number 2. Now that I'm looking more closely through all these ebay stuffs, I'm coming across different versions with different definitions on them. To be exact, same cover, but some are I think those that came with the Japanese LE and some are the ones one could buy separately. What is the difference between the OST with 2 CDs + 1 DVD, the OST with 3 CDs, and lastly this one with apparently 3 CDs and 1 DVD. What is this DVD??
I know the Original Soundtrack comes with 3 CDs (called Disc 1, 2 and Additional Disc for some reason) and 1 DVD. The Extra Soundtrack has 3 CDs.

Not sure what 2 CDs and 1 DVD could be.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

luckily i pre-ordered the game and got the soundtrack. i was scared not to get a copy since it is not that of a popular game here in the us. gamestop can't even pronounce the name of the game.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
SolEstor

Post by SolEstor »

Ah! I think I saw this too actually! It's the one that came along with certain U.S. pre-orders, ne? But I think I saw you guys discussing how all the tracks in that were in mp3 format and... well... hem. :?

I'm pining away over this one~! :'D

But anyways, I've decided I think I'll try out the deputy/proxy service thing first. Aside from the fact that I'll be less paranoid over whether I'll be getting an original copy and not a fakey-pirated one, I noticed some very interesting looking Suiko V books lower down the list at Konamistyle's shop. If I'm going to be blowing off some money over one bunch of cd's, I might as well blow it off further on some books I won't understand for the life me, ne? X'D

(But oh god, yip! I wish Play-Asia had stocked some copies of this! :( It certainly wouldn't have killed them, considering how they already have the Extra OST!!!)

Kranach: Oh ye lucky person! I had actually placed a pre-order for it too, back when it was first announced, but.... Play-Asia messed up my order, never processed my payment, and then later, two months later(!), when the game was released, they sent me this measly message saying 'Oh.... sorry~ Here's your money back. No LE edition for ye~' T___T I can very well relate to your plight of Suikoden not being very popular though! I'm getting the feeling that there might be only 3 or so people in the whole country who've even heard of the name!