Suikoden CDs

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden V's soundtrack will be released in March.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razakin

Post by Razakin »

Jowy Atreides wrote:By the way, the Suikoden V OST is set to be released sometime in March, for those of us that don't keep up with Suikoden V news.
Holy shoot, and it's four cd's, any info about the composer(s), is it just Miura like in Rhapsodia or the staff from III-IV?

But anyways this is great news, too bad that I won't be listening it for a long time, gonna wait until I'll get my hands on the game, which is somewhere fall of this year, depending how fast we europeans get this game.
Aisling

Name of music authors

Post by Aisling »

Hello everybody.

Could you please help me out with something? Do you know the name of all music composers for the Suikoden series? I know about Miki Higashino, but that´s it really. Even though I love the music of all Suikoden games, I cannot relate it to a name such as, say, the Final Fantasy music is to Nobuo Uematsu or the Chrono Trigger is to Yasunori Misuda.

Thank you, and excuse any English mistakes.
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Razakin

Re: Name of music authors

Post by Razakin »

Aisling wrote:Hello everybody.

Could you please help me out with something? Do you know the name of all music composers for the Suikoden series? I know about Miki Higashino, but that´s it really. Even though I love the music of all Suikoden games, I cannot relate it to a name such as, say, the Final Fantasy music is to Nobuo Uematsu or the Chrono Trigger is to Yasunori Misuda.
Here's a list, artists who are in italics only composed few tracks for the game:
Genso Suikoden I: Miki Higashino, Tappy Iwase, Taniguchi, Mayuko Kageshita, Hiroshi Tamawari (as Konami Kukeiha Club)
Genso Suikoden II: Miki Higashino, Keiko Fukami, Konami Kukeiha Club
Genso Suikoden III: Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura
Genso Suikoden IV: Masahiko Kimura, Norikazu Miura, Michiru Yamane
Genso Suikoden V: Norikazu Miura

Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1: Swordsman of Harmonia: Miki Higashino, Keiko Fukami
Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2: Last Duel at the Crystal Valley: Miki Higashino
Rhapsodia: Norikazu Miura
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden V's soundtrack has the most tracks: over 180!
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aisling

Thank you!

Post by Aisling »

Wow, this is great!

Thank you, Razakin, and also Jowy Atreides. Your information has been a great help. :)
"De todos los deleites ninguno trae mayor alegría que la amistad, y lo más gozoso de la amistad es disfrutar de una tranquila conversación entre amigos".

A la orilla del agua (Shui Hu Zhuan)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What's the name of the track that plays whenever Chris and Lucia meet for the first time?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Indeed.
Razakin

Post by Razakin »

Razakin wrote:And regarding of Suikoden albums, any way possible to make a section in here at Suikosource for them?
Quoting myself, but anyways, could someone nod a staffmember to look this? Because I find if quite odd that the three major Suikoden-sites [this, Suikox and Their Star] doesn't have any info about Suikoden albums.

So, could it be a possible update in somewhere in the future that Suikosource could have a section for the music of Suikoden? (Somehow I feel that I should ask this question in Suikox and Their Star, but I'm too lazy to register to those two sites :( )
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Does anybody have an updated list of what CD's are out now?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The one in Razakin's post is the latest. Suikoden V's OST is the latest, nevertheless.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I Just recently bought the Suikoden II Vol 1 & 2 soundtracks. Does anyone know if the major battle theme from Suikoden 2 is on any of these discs? I can't find it.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I can't find Miura in the credits.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Razakin

Post by Razakin »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I just finished Suikoden V for the third time this week, and I was looking for Miura throughout the entire credits, and his (her?) name didn't show up, except under 'Special Thanks' I think. That doesn't mean anything, since Kawano and Ishikawa were also listed under that section, and they only drew one of those countdown illustrations.

So, did he do the soundtrack or not? It seems to be a collaboration, just like the character designs.
Actually Miura shows up in the credits on the music part, if I remember correctly, in the producer part. Or something like that, also, the album's booklet only states Miura's name in the producer part, which could be Konami's way to say that he composed it, because there's no info about composers in the booklet. Also RPGFan states in their review that Miura arranged the album and partly composed it.

Also, the samples from V's site, did have Miura on artist tag, so it's pretty ok to assume that Miura did atleast almost all of the tracks.

Too bad that Konami has been always little vague with composer information for Suikoden series. Like with IV's soundtrack, the album doesn't state who composed the album :D