Preorder Artbook for Suikoden IV and V

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Preorder Artbook for Suikoden IV and V

Post by patapi »

Out of curiosity, can anyone describe the contents of these books, like what kinds of artwork, how many pages, etc? How do they compare to their Japanese counterparts?

If anyone has seen the bonus artbook that came with Wild Arms 5 or Ar Tonelico, how do these two Suikoden ones measure against either of them?
son_michael

Re: Preorder Artbook for Suikoden IV and V

Post by son_michael »

well I have the artbook for 5{actually I have 2..hehe}

Basically it opens up some scenery pictures of various places in falena and then there's a strange map...you woudl think it would be a map of falena but the words on the bottom are unreadable and there's like 4 animals on the 4 corners on the map...this could quite possibly be a map of Ancient Armes? I dunno but its cool...its a huge 2 page Ancient map wth ancient writing on town locations and stuff,then we get single Character pictures and group pictures{such as queens knights and royal family group photos} then there's some movie real film pics that depict the whole opening sequence and then we get the cretaion Myth and below that 13 True Runes are listed and then the next 2 pages just have big pictures of dawn and Twilight and under them is a list of every regular rune in the game,last page explains all the events that lead up to the beginning of S5 and tells you the prince will now begin his journey

oh and it comes with a music CD
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

son_michael wrote:Basically it opens up some scenery pictures of various places in falena and then there's a strange map...you woudl think it would be a map of falena but the words on the bottom are unreadable and there's like 4 animals on the 4 corners on the map
The same map seen on the SV manual? I saw 4 animals too at the manual and one's a minotaur and a bird and can't remember the others.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sounds great, think I've seen a scan of that map somewhere before.

How many pages are there in total?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Runemaster wrote:
son_michael wrote:Basically it opens up some scenery pictures of various places in falena and then there's a strange map...you woudl think it would be a map of falena but the words on the bottom are unreadable and there's like 4 animals on the 4 corners on the map
The same map seen on the SV manual? I saw 4 animals too at the manual and one's a minotaur and a bird and can't remember the others.

yes I just checked and its the same map,but the artbook version is more detailed with town locations and writing that you cant read,also its not greyish black...its a perfect colored old style map

@Patapi there are 52 pages total
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

What could those beasts be?????????
They look "special" in the map..
????????
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I downloaded some artwork pics of Suikoden V...

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4425 ... io2bj2.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8493 ... io3uw2.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8821 ... daywz6.jpg

Are those from the artbook as well?

Oh and I just did a google search one day and found these.