What could happen to the Sun Rune?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

What could happen to the Sun Rune?

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I am sure in the wake of the power vacuum of Godwins and Barows absence, new powerful families will emerge (they always do, as surely as the 'sun' will rise...lexicon hehe). Falena may have a new representative gov't of sorts and no more senate, to stifle the Queen's authority. But lets face it a new a enemy will come in some shape, size, or form.

I simply wonder what course of action would the royal family (lym and frey) take. would they try to bear the Rune to protect it (like mom) or would try to avoid a direct conflict and be more subtle? what would they? Also, by bearing the rune i hope they learned their lesson with the former queen, and bear the Dawn and Twilight along with the Sun Rune. (now i know i am not the only whom after having seen how awesome the sun rune was in the cut scenes, wish i could have actually used the rune in a battle. as well as wish to see how powerful a person could be bearing all 3 runes)

It Still begs the issue what lengths would the royal family now go too in order to protect the Runes from power hungry opportunist?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: What could happen to the Sun Rune?

Post by Oppenheimer »

Short of their emminent demise I don't think that Lym would ever bear the sun rune. They would use diplomacy and if that failed, their considerable force (as they are now a united nation) to defeat any outside troubles. For internal power sqwables I think that the representational government should help with that. Unless one city gets others to join up with it, the other can out vote any unusual requests.

But, in a few generations there could easily be someone to bear the sun rune as they wouldn't have seen its power in person.

Maybe that's why there's no Suikoden chronologically after III, maybe the Sun rune blew up the world when a new queen wore it then, heh.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think Falena is as stable as never before: No more internal struggles for the next few years, a safe throne, and foreign policy is far moire relaxed, since New Armes seems to seek Peace.

I see only two dangers for the new Falena: The rest of Nether Gate and Nagarea. But I think the Sun Rune will never be used again...
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Very true. Now that Falena's legislative body consists of elected officials and not aristocrats, there's no reason for anyone to rise up against the crown. There's only like a handful of deluded Godwin fanatics from Stormfist whom are mostly wealthy people who stayed out of the war. With the Sacred Games abolished, easy access to the royal family is a thing of the past.

The only way Nagarea could be a true threat to Falena is if Takefute either influences or overthrows the government and incites an attack on Falena.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

sunstar25 wrote:Now that Falena's legislative body consists of elected officials and not aristocrats, there's no reason for anyone to rise up against the crown.
I know there is a representational government from each town, but are they elected? Also, they could still likely be aristocrats. If they are elected who do you think would have the funds to run a campaign?