Suikoden World Same as Vandal Hearts world?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Siel Avadon

Suikoden World Same as Vandal Hearts world?

Post by Siel Avadon »

Have anyone got stated from Konami If these games once's was thought to be the same world or not? They almost got released at the same time. They even have comcericals of each others on the back of the manuals on each game.

Any cannon story about this at all or Its simply 2 diffrent games?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Suikoden World Same as Vandal Hearts world?

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Siel Avadon wrote:Have anyone got stated from Konami If these games once's was thought to be the same world or not? They almost got released at the same time. They even have comcericals of each others on the back of the manuals on each game.

Any cannon story about this at all or Its simply 2 diffrent games?

Oh Mans I feel old, i remember very clearly going to the store in 1997 and buying both Suikoden and Vandal Hearts at the same time, because they were all out of FF7, and i thought buying those two games would kill enough time for more copies of FF7 would become available. Little did i know i would end up falling in love with Suikoden, 11 years and 5 games later here i am.

But they dont take place in the same world, i am pretty sure only VH has that suikoden advertisement, not both ways...no pictures of VH on the back suikoden here is the picture:http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/suikoden/box-usback.jpg

however, because both were made by Konami about the same time, prob by some of the same programmers, one similar thing i did notice, is that the cool white/red light the encompassed tir, when ted gives him the souleater, is the same red/white light used by Eleni in one her magic attacks in VH. so a few similiarities because they were made by the same ppl, but they are two different worlds and are completely separate and have no bearing on the other. hope that helps...
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Most weird! Atleast in Europe, Sweden we got advertisment of the games, Suikodens manual got VH and VH got Suikoden! Im seriousy. I could take a picture and upload If you like :D

Hmm I see. Well then! Thanks a lot for the answers!

And surely! I think me and a friend hired Suikoden for almost a week straight, damn I was happy when my dad came home with the game one day! Preowned but still! Many fun hours around it :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i am pretty sure my Suikoden I game manual also has a Vandal Hearts ad. i have the US version.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I just looked it up and no, the manual doesn't have an ad for VH on the back.
HOWEVER, the box itself has one behind the front cover.

As for them being both in the same world, I wouldn't put much credit into that theory. Unless they're on the other side of what should presumably be a planet and the "laws of physics" work completely different there, the two game series are in totally different worlds.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Belated answer but yeah, I guess your right.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Really old topic, but my US copy has a VH ad on the inside.
MAD 01-08-2004
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

While Suikoden and Vandal-Hearts may not be in the same world, I can't help but wondering what it would be like if the characters from Vandal-Hearts wound up in a Suikoden style game of their own. They have already done the opposite of this idea by making Suikoden Tactics like Vandal-Hearts, yet placing Suikoden IV characters in the game.

Sometimes first names found their way from one game to another, such as Clive and Dolf (re-spelled as Dolph). It's much like Final Fantasy games and their Cid. When trying to come up with a good name for the Flame Champion of Suikoden III, I remembered that Ash was a name that never appeared in the Suikoden series. And what's a more perfect name for a champion of fire than Ash - a product that is produced by fire when it burns something.
death_to_sanchez

Post by death_to_sanchez »

No they are certainly not from the same world, but it would have been very cool if they were!

And also, my copy of Suikoden does have a Vandal Hearts ad on the back of the booklet, and my Vandal Hearts has a Suikoden ad...I'm looking at them right now so I'm sure! I have the UK PAL versions of both