Religion in Suiko

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
manween_syx

Re: Religion in Suiko

Post by manween_syx »

The base of religion is about human worshiping the uncomprehendably strong or powerful..

So, religion in the suikoverse must be revolved around true rune(highland..not exactly though, but the marriage is carried on the beast rune corridor-correct me if I'm wrong-)-true rune bearer(Hikusaak,Queen of Falena-not exactly though)-and strong power (people's power as in new Toran REPUBLIC and -maybe- the tyranny at Nagarea)..

It will be interesting if Nagarea shows up in future installment(s) -hopefully there will be-, I wonder what could drive theocraticity at Suikoverse..
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Like in real life Suikoden isn't all one system. It has many governments, many religions and many social beliefs. That's another of the many things that makes it so awesome.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
conan

Post by conan »

i just finished playin part III again recently and when luc says hes gonna destroy the wind rune, caesar said that luc was trying to destroy god becuz god created the 27 true runes 2 maintain balance. that was the 1st time i saw god in the game myself, and i thought the true runes were "gods". maybe they believe in one god that created the true runes using the shield and the sword story as a book of genesis. obviously the grasslanders believe in earth spirits, but not sure about dunan or toran, and i forgot most of part V cuz i only played it once(it was the best plotwise in my opinion, but the gameplay was frustrating with 2 many fights and loading so i never felt like playin it again). harmonia has temples and is the holy empire so religion is major over there. part IV i chose 2 forget on purpose. on another note the people of zexen worship the goddess and the zexen rune. whats the zexen rune???
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The Zexen rune is a rune in the crest/emblem/symbol sense of the word, not a Rune crystal.