Crystal Valley

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Templeton
Banned User

Crystal Valley

Post by Templeton »

After the fall of the Holy City of Rupunda, which was the former capital of Hamonia, we saw the great rise of it's next capital "Crystal Valley". Actually there's no saying on when Crystal Valley was formed, but the fact that it would take 2 days on horse back to get from point A (the entrance) to point B (the next exit) it definitely demonstrates it's massive size and would most likely classify as the whole medieval RPG worlds largest city yet.

There's some evidence of the city having suburbs with the outskirt area's of the Suikogaiden series setting to what was called the "Third class citizen district" of the 4th chapter of SG2.

To speculate I could imagine a massive urban area the size of Lake Dunan with area's of suburbs and a grand lake area with perhaps the "One Temple" at the center of it. As the title suggests, "Valley", there would be mountains and rivers networking around the city and perhaps a forested area (or more) to add beauty to the capital.

So far we know of the One Temple which has a great "Library" for Knowledge of the whole world. We know of a school for strategy, phonetics, and some others. It would be rather interesting if we saw a game perhaps if Harmonia were to fall on the final compaign if Hamonia were to fall on the final campain to resist a force that made it's way forwards to the city (Shining Tears if I may), and then, we see the attempt to unite the divided city and make a "Stalingrad" type push from that area.

Another good way to display Crystal Valley is to make a rebel resistence movement that is working underground to undermind Hamonia and make it into a game based in Crystal Valley.

I would like to hear your ideas on how to present this interestingly sounding place in the Suikoden World.
Chaco

Re: Crystal Valley

Post by Chaco »

After hearing you describe Crystal Valley I would love to see it in a game but I don't know if I want a whole game based on Harmonia, I want to see some places we know almost nothing about. Mayeb the next Hero could go to the library in Crystal Valley to get some information about something or visite the one temple for some reason.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Sounds interesting, but I also wouldn't like a game just based in Harmonia. I would like it to happen, or something similiar like that happen in the installment that feature Harmonia and Crystal Valley.

I like the Stalingrad idea though, Harmonia always reminded a little bit of Russia in the Soviet Era, with the exception of a , since Hikusaak is missiong and some probably presume he's dead.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Sounds interesting, but I also wouldn't like a game just based in Harmonia. I would like it to happen, or something similiar like that happen in the installment that feature Harmonia and Crystal Valley.

I like the Stalingrad idea though, Harmonia always reminded a little bit of Russia in the Soviet Era, with the exception of a , since Hikusaak is missiong and some probably presume he's dead.
I have two things to commetns on this. First if Hikusaak is missing/dead who is the leader of Harmonia (or is there one?). also Harmonia is important enough to make a single game based on it and there are a ton of true runes there.
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sasarai mentions Hikusaak several times, even saying the invasion was a direct order of Hikusaak.
If he is dead/missing, there is someone who is pretending to be him. It may be pretty easy for one of his clones to have taken over... a clone would likely have a true rune and looks exactly like him.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Sasarai mentions Hikusaak several times, even saying the invasion was a direct order of Hikusaak.
If he is dead/missing, there is someone who is pretending to be him. It may be pretty easy for one of his clones to have taken over... a clone would likely have a true rune and looks exactly like him.
That makes sence. What do you think of there being a game based on Harmonia??
-Chaco
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

If Hikusaak isn't alive or ruling at the moment, he is probably in the shadows. Possibly the country is ruled by a group of high priests or Hikusaak may have a puppet dictator to stand until he actually makes an appearance.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

If Hikusaak isn't alive or ruling at the moment, he is probably in the shadows. Possibly the country is ruled by a group of high priests or Hikusaak may have a puppet dictator to stand until he actually makes an appearance.
Okay so let's say he is not alive, and there are others ruling in place of him. Then that would make the perfect storyline for another Suikoden Game.
-Chaco
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

They could always have a "Command and Conquer" format to take down Harmonia where you take the side of the alliance and defeat enemies in real time strategy. Everytime you clear a field you see a little more of Harmonia under Allied control. And there could be stories regarding liberated people of the countries taken by Harmonia that can make a dialog to that game.

There's always the Soviet Afgan War scenario where a place like Sedna resists and overthroughs Harmonian rule which leads to the countries demoralized collapse everywhere else, much like how the Soviets fell after the war. From there they can have peace treaties and maybe some games in those liberated areas perhaps displaying post empire struggles and wars.