Animal runes

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Swordmaster

Animal runes

Post by Swordmaster »

This my firts post so hello everyone.

Suikoden games show many runes with animal names: the Boar, Viper rune, Great Eagle rune, falcon rune end other.
it could be a simple naming thing, but, one time got a Boar rune from ones of the boars in Suikoden 2, using the Hunter rune.
Another thing interesting is that some peoples ar born with runes.
now my question is: is possible that thes "animal rune" are extracted from live being ? If i need a falcon rune it's need to go hunt some falcon?
One thing interesting is that wakaba own a Whiter Tiger rune, and want to kill a bear bare handed. maybe it wanta add a Bear rune?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's an interesting idea. You do get Boar runes when you kill boars. Do you get white tiger runes when you kill white tigers? Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything because you also get medicine and potch from killing animals so unlike FFXII the item reward system doesn't make sense to who you've killed.
Swordmaster

Post by Swordmaster »

With itens ant potch i agre with you. But, in suiko 5 most of the venous animals drop Venon and Poison runes, the bats drop Drain runes and many other examples. They are relatives to the animal/monster.

The Boar rune was weird because i got it only using the Hunter rune and aftera great number of fights.
Swordmaster

Post by Swordmaster »

Just to add some info.

In Suiko5 Zombie Unicorn and Hellstead drop Unicorn Runes.

Genoh, a giant turtle, own a a strong vesion of the Turtle Runes.

In suiko2 white tigers drop Double-Beat runes, but they have a rare drop that no one got until now. Does it need the hunter rune to make the job ?

In suiko1 death boars drop the Pahn rune, also knows as Boar Rune. That's why he eat like a "pig".