Kamaro (something I noticed in the manga)

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Templeton
Banned User

Kamaro (something I noticed in the manga)

Post by Templeton »

Here is a small frase I noticed about the surprisingly unshown nation known as "Kamaro". It's source is the Manga for suikoden 3 volume 3.

Mua: We are free knights from Kamaro-- which has territories here in the grasslands. we knights have all heard the saga

Now I noticed that the term "territories" is used which is plural meaning more than one.

I theorize that Kamaro and it's Free Knights are a power in what may be the far north of the Grasslands which has it's "territories" much like Austria did in Eastern Europe.

Another theory of mine is that Kamaro is a nation on another continent particularly the "western continent" which according to Albert Silverbergs description has a "nation" on it. This nation if it is Kamaro could be a colonial power which has "territiories" in the Grasslands.

I have more to post but I'll leave it as this for the time being. I would also like to hear more details about Kamaro as well.

Thanks

more info

Howling Guild made a statement in the suikogaiden series which goes like this.

Maki and Camus
Apparently Maki and Camus are something of childhood friends... Her parents were traders that would often come to the his home village, within the jurisdiction of the Free Knights of the Nation of Kamaro. When he joined the Matilda knights, he'd more or less lost contact with her. She'd heard rumors of his joining, and assumes that he fought against the Alliance Army, although she'd also heard Camus had lost his knighthood.

In this statement she makes note that there is a "village" in the Kamaro Nation and that it is a "trade center" according to speculation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Free Knights of Kamaro is one of the many "nations" (to use that term loosely) that are located within the realm of the Nameless Lands/Northern Outlands that lie to the far north of Grasslands.

The problem is, Konami makes little effort to make official the northern and southern borders of Grasslands.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Tha phrase teritories could mean some of the Knigts are rich, so they have some teritory in their proretry, even if it is under Grassland control.

Much like Templars had, or as Matilda Knights had in Muse before they separated.