On Harmonia's postion as a superpower.

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

where did you learn this wraith?

just attention to detail in the games? or manga or what?
Suiko4, wasn't the best in the series, but other franchises have done worse. Remember Final Fantasy Mystic Quest??
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Everyone knows Harmonia is in the north of Toran,Island nations,Dunan,Tinto.I think its in the North-east of Grassland.As for Falena its confirmed that it is over the sea south of Island Nations.
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

I just think they don't conquer lands anymore because of internal problems. Like the Roman Empire, they stopped their conquest and crated the Hadrian's wall, and bordered with the Persian Empire. With all those civil wars and different factions within the country, it will lose eventually some of it's province someday.. Their caste system too was something that would make them weaker, for many people would be discontent resulting to isolated insurgencies. It would be a matter of time that someone would lead for an equality. But order is restored by paying the soldiers contentively. A content soldier would not rebel..
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

There was the "People's Faction" within harmonia which was mentioned in the suikogaidens. I would hope the factions motives are to form Harmonia into a democracy. But there's always more to the story then that.

I believe the best parable for Harmonia to be compared to is the Russian Empire. They were a massive force with a greatest amount of land just like Harmonia. They were a monarchy as well with the Russian Orthadox Church influencing them also like Harmonia. The empire had it's share of uprisings and political turmoil as how Harmonia does.

But what happenned to them in the end, they were wiped out by their own people who then killed the monarchs and suppressed the church. They then formed a dictator ship and lost some of their conquered territory.

I compare these situations to what Harmonia is experiencing right now. My theory is that the Harmonian People's Faction may overthrough Harmonia through peaceful means and establish a Democratic Republic. They will then give independence back to the conquered nations who will establish republics themselves. From there we see a peace treaty signed between all the other republics in the suikoden world.

This would be an example of a best case scenerio for Harmonia, it's up to the creaters to figure out what truly happens to this vast nation.
Futch

Post by Futch »

The way I see it, Harmonia has its own motives, and we only catch a few of their smaller schemes in the games. It's larger motives are always unclear. I think it would be cool to have the hero of a future suikoden to be from Harmonia, and to have most of the game take place within it. Who knows, maybe the hero this time can actually be a GIRL. Not that I'm upset about it, it's just that in every game the except three the heros are silent teenage boys, even in the QUEENDOM of Falena. And Even in three, Chris is the only female hero out of six. Some diversity would be nice.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
modi

Post by modi »

i think hermonia doesn't want to obtain anymore lands because it's waiting for the rest of the true runes to come up .
as an example if not for war against highland the black sword and bright shield runes wouldn't apear ,also in the sun rune war in falena apeared the star rune which is a very powerful rune itself even if it's not a true rune.there is the also the true thunder rune ,i don't think hermonia it was with geddoe.
and there is more come ,also for hikussak i don't think he made these rules in hermonia it's most like he was under the circle rune influence and maybe he disapeared because he felt he is getting dangerous and may harm the people he saved from the rule of atonia in the first place .
also the enternal conflict has it's share of stopping hermonia from conquering more lands .

and by the way maybe leknaat is the one who makes the true runes slips from hermoina's hands after all she is the executioner of balance if hermonia kept 5 true runes,there will be no balance in the first place.
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

One potential reason why Harmonia has repeatedly failed in its attempted expansion and conquest is the influence of the Circle Rune. The upper-tier Harmonian authority wants to create "perfect order" by gathering all 27 True Runes together, an ideal based around the power of the Circle Rune. However, doing so would instigate change throughout nations all over the world. So the "stagnation" side of the Circle Rune may be subtly influencing events to the end that Harmonia does not change in terms of borders and overall power in the world.