Can we draw any parallels between countries in both worlds?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I got a very strong impression of Japan from reading Genshu's short story.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Harmonia always seemd to remind me of the British Empire or Rome. They were/are the world's most powerful country (as far as we know), have the largest army in the world, they are constantly expanding territory, they're very religious, most of the world seems to revere, respect, or just be scared of them (In Suikoden IV, wasn't the governer a bit frightened when Cray mentioned Harmonia giving them aid in exchange for the RoP?), it's rare that they lose a major battle, and a fair amount of countries in the Northern Continent seceded from Harmonia.

I know Murayama said it reminded him of Russia, but I just think British Empire when Harmonia is mentioned.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

im sure they win a lot of battles, but the battles we know all are losed by harmonia ( see one post that talks about power of harmonia )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Iris

Post by Iris »

You mean the battles we saw. And to be fair, in all the battles we saw Harmonia lose, Sasarai was the general. SASARAI.

Having one incompetent general out of over 400 years worth of military might doesn't make Harmonia any less threatening.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Personaly Scarlet Moon Empire reminds me a little bit of the united states, just a thought. How they gain their independance from the Holy Harmonia, though I'm sure there are a lot of differences between the two, like how the scarlet moon empire was dissolve later on.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden