Where was this battle at?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Where was this battle at?

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

It said that before crowley and mazus were born again they held a massive battle atop of some mountains. Clearing away the mountains with their devestating power they both desigrated along with their magic amongest the grounds they fought. So it's clear they both died fighting each other also apparently creating plains of rumble in the process. But what i'm trying to figure out is where was this at? Where exactly did they fight. highland, city-state, matilda, the nameless lands, scarlett moon had already been established (at least suikoden timeline says so) so that means that the grasslands has probably been established already seeing as harmonia and the nameless lands had already. nothing is mentioned of kooluk and the island nations or falena but i have an idea they had also probably been established at this point so where does this battle leave? Just wondering does anyone have a general idea of where this could have been or has konami not said yet.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I thought it happened in the grasslands
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

http://suikosource.com/chars/list/m.php

Mazus (Chizen Star)
Origin: Unknown
Position: Arch Magi
Events: Duel between Crowley and Mazus, Dunan Unification War
Mazus was a student under Crowley, but his ambition has turned to defeating his master. He has been unable to achieve this yet, however. During a duel that took place over a hundred years ago, the force of their duel leveled three mountains and evaporated a lake; what remains of that duel is said to be the desolate Karakas Desert which covers 70% of the Senan Area. Mazus is obsessed with sorcery, and constantly experiments with magic, trying new ingredients and catalysts as well as combining different runes. He has been witnessed experimenting with magic in the forest between Muse and Greenhill and has been experimenting within the Tinto Mines as well. He joined the Dunan Unification Army purely out of his wish to experiment with his magic. His magic proved a great help to the Unification Army.

http://www.suikox.com/suik1/map1.html

By the way, this isn't a theory.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The space between Senan and South Window that connects Toran to Dunan. Their duel created the wastelands.

EDIT: Jowy was faster and provided a more descript response :p
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

i guess i didn't think which geography i was posting in my bad. guess i should have also found that out before i posted too well thanks.

Also i know this has nothing to do with this tread but i was wondering this and since this thread isn't going anywhere umm does anyone know if we're going to get to see a return of crowley or mazus in S5
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Probably not. Their star will probably be replaced with another powerful wizard.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Then i dont understand. If battle was at Senan, and it was, why is that teritory today called Karakas desert when Karakas is between Kooluk and Toran?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There's no "Karakas" between Kooluk and Toran. Maybe you're confusing it with "Kanakan," but Kanakan is located to the southeast of Toran, and east of Kooluk, on an island.
riou83

Post by riou83 »

The battle devestated the area giving birth to the "badlands" that Victor and Flik travelled through to get to the City States. Which Flik had said almost killed him .
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Sars wrote:There's no "Karakas" between Kooluk and Toran. Maybe you're confusing it with "Kanakan," but Kanakan is located to the southeast of Toran, and east of Kooluk, on an island.
That is was thinking, mea culpa, sorry.