A limit to runes?

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Wraith

A limit to runes?

Post by Wraith »

While writing a reply here I thought of something. What if there were only a limited amount of runes? First of all I want to ask a question, I posted this in Theories anyway though.What happens if a normal Rune bearer dies? There are multiple possibility's:
1) The rune vanishes. Never to be used or seen again.
2) The rune stays on the body with its power intact.If so Runemasters probably salvage the runes to sell them again.
3) The rune dissapears but spawns somewhere else.
4) The rune leaves the body emmediatly and falls on the floor or somthing.This is improbable because Crystals are containers for runes so if it were to "fall" of the body it would have nowhere to go.

Anyway any of these are possible but if it is 1 it would mean that there is a limit to the ammount of runes in existance and thus the only way to balance that is that True Runes keep spawning new runes.But then again tehre is another question.Where are runes? What holds them? Why did they chose to spawn in that particular place.The last question is probably because True Runes chose them to be there.

IMO the Runes are in caves.PRobably writen on rock or crystals wich are then either carved out or transfered to an orb.Or what if Sindars found most runes in those days? They might've put most existing runes into crystals making the runes that are being solled(I really need the spelling) actually found by The Sindar.

Also prices for runes differ from town to town.This means that it depends on the stock, but who provides the stock? Is there a company we havn't heard of yet? Well anyway post your thoughts.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually based on the fact that you can get runes off of the carcassas of dead monsters or people, it seems like number 4 is the best option. This means that runes do actually just hang around the body or possibly fall off to be salvaged and are still functional.

And it seems that runes are unable to be used until they are taken from their crystalline forms. So, it is quite possible that runes spawn from the earth and are gathered. This makes sense because True Runes are the forces behind the creation of the world, so it would make sense that their lesser forms appear from it. I also believe that the appearance of lesser runes is directly related to the type of True Rune, as well.