Suikoden 4

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
TwinFang

Suikoden 4

Post by TwinFang »

Suikoden 4, must be set before 1. Im not sure why, but there a bit of stuff that points towards this.

In S1, the liberation army faces the Scarlet Moon Empire and in S2 it is the Toran Republic, yet as Elenor Silverberg tells Graham Cray, The Scarlet Moon Empire was advancing on the northern borders of Kooluk.

Ted had been wandering for 300 years, sometime during this he met the Fog Ship Guide who Ted willingly Gave the Souleater Rune to. He then Reclaimed it and helped the Tenkai star defeat the Kooluk and save the Island Nations. In S1 Ted gives the rune to Tir McDohl and then commands it to kill himself. So This must be after the Kooluk are defeated.

So my theory is that, Suikoden 4, starts before Suikoden 1, but finishes as Suikoden 1 Begins. Anyone agree?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think that's pretty much common knowledge. Suikoden IV is a prequel.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The actual timing is 150 years or so before the first Suikoden.

In gameplay terms there is very little that gives away this timeframe; the clearest example though is Ted's ending description which states something along the lines of "It will be 150 years before Ted meets his only true friend" which refers to the main character of the first game.

Until Konami give more definite dates then we're stuck with a rough estimate for the timeline of about year 300.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Actually, if you took a year from the manga (i can't recall) which happens to be the Zexen-Grassland war, try to backtrack a bit from S3 to S2 and back to S1. Eventually you'll find out what year S4 was in.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
~Uriah~

Post by ~Uriah~ »

Where can i get a hold of the Suikoden Manga's? and also is there a possible site where i can read the manga off the internet?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

http://www.amazon.com is a good place to buy the manga if you want to do it via the net or even http://www.rightstuf.com

A place to read the manga online? If you truly love Suikoden then you'd support it by buying your own copy.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Off topic, manga is discussed in the collectables forum. Thanks.

*locked*