Alma Kinan Clan

Hypothesis for, and analyses of, the various locations and backstory of the Suikoden world.
Masamune.

Alma Kinan Clan

Post by Masamune. »

'A mystery surrounding the Alma Kinan is that only females live in the village, and the Alma Kinan method of reproduction is kept a strict secret.'

^ Any theories on this?

It's somewhat similar to the Viera clan in FFXII, however the Ultimania revealed that the men and women live in separate camps and congregate to mate. Think it's something along those lines?
hotspot

Re: Alma Kinan Clan

Post by hotspot »

Yeah maybe there are camps for the alma kinan women to mate with males of possible alma kinan blood.
Wow i just thought what if the alma kinan girls were...... transgendered? what if they have both male and female organs and.......
maybe they have powers to clones themselves or something? or maybe they kidnap males and force them to do stuff, kind of like what happens on an episode of the show "Futurama" with the amazon women.

Perhaps we will never find out, it can be just like how in the game "Kya Dark Lineage" where all of the Nativs are guys or atleast it seems like there are only males in the game, in fact the heroine Kya is the only girl in the game!
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Its most likely similar to the Amazons of Greek Mythology. As most clans of the Grasslands are war like, with one notable exception, it seems likely that they capture the men of their enemies and force mate with them. There could be worse punishments for being the enemies of Amazon mages i'm sure....
manween_syx

Post by manween_syx »

hotspot wrote:Yeah maybe there are camps for the alma kinan women to mate with males of possible alma kinan blood.
Wow i just thought what if the alma kinan girls were...... transgendered? what if they have both male and female organs and.......
maybe they have powers to clones themselves or something? or maybe they kidnap males and force them to do stuff, kind of like what happens on an episode of the show "Futurama" with the amazon women.

Perhaps we will never find out, it can be just like how in the game "Kya Dark Lineage" where all of the Nativs are guys or atleast it seems like there are only males in the game, in fact the heroine Kya is the only girl in the game!
nasty..
JanusThePaladin wrote:Its most likely similar to the Amazons of Greek Mythology. As most clans of the Grasslands are war like, with one notable exception, it seems likely that they capture the men of their enemies and force mate with them. There could be worse punishments for being the enemies of Amazon mages i'm sure....
The Alma Kinan is nothing close to Amazon..
They're more.. loli.. maybe..
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Loli? Are you familiar with the old robot saying "DOES NOT COMPUTE"?

Anyway, the Alma Kinan's are a completely female tribe, they are known for their abilities in battle, and have mystical powers beyond regular comprehension. AND they live in a forest. Sounds pretty amazon to me!
manween_syx

Post by manween_syx »

well..
they are strong (at least usable) in battle..
but, comparing to the amazon,
I don't know..
their character art somehow.. alluring-less-brawnier than the amazon

and when we discuss it like this, somehow it feels wrong..
loli refers to the "sisterly-community-who-reproduce" this time..
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =Alma+Kina

a speculation went on how they reproduce
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

Lets be reasonable.
Lets be reals.
Unless all the women have had virgin labor, they have to of had men get them pregnant.
You are right, it probally was like in the Amazones when they raped the men & killed them & any baby boys.

I am sure the Alma Kinan was not that brutal. Nor did the Greeks mind killing them off either :P

Point is, they had to of had men.
My guess is there are certain men they bond with outside the village.

As you know some guard the outskirts of that forest & that other clan is on the other side where they waited for Chris.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

magic or a method of cloning (can include genetic manipulation as well) may be used for "reproduction". cloning was done to make Luc and Sasarai.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

This is something of an old topic, but I'll reply, as I see noone has really mentioned the idea yet.

I find it truly astounding that people keep insisting that there has to be a man involved somewhere.

Now, I apologize, as this is conjecture on my part, but has anyone thought that maybe the Alma Kinan Clan is hermaphroditic, in at least portions of its population?

It could simply be that some members of the Alma Kinan are, in fact, hermaphrodites, possessing the male 'plumbing' as it were, and the rest of them are simply normal women. If this were true, then the 'male' members would most likely pass this trait on to their descendants, but not necessarily all of them.

This would be kept a highly guarded secret, naturally, as it would probably be perceived as unnatural by many others. So it makes sense that they would keep to themselves. Over time, they might need to bring in some 'fresh blood' as it were to ensure that the population doesn't become heavily inbred, but despite what the game presents, their population may be large enough to have a healthy sustainable gene pool.
SirNadir

Post by SirNadir »

I'd have to go with cloning. Haven't you noticed how they all look similar.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I think there is another entrance to the male side of the village or maybe it could even be men from the Safir Clan who acts as fathers to the children. While only women enter Alma Kinan to become shamans!This is pure speculation if you ask me.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!