the sun rune lied?????

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Shinsengumi

the sun rune lied?????

Post by Shinsengumi »

after the many crimes of the godwin family and the war between them and the prince's army a strange thing happens when that flash or memory starts from the sun rune with Arshtat , ferid & and other people including Marscal & gizel godwin . remmember the powers of the sun rune are not active , when tir received the souleater he had memories
about ted , memories confirmed later by his encounter with windy , the powers of the souleater were activated with tir as well as the rune of punishment Bearer lazlo , memories were restored unlike the sun rune which had no Bearer was that flash a defence mechanism against the prince & zerase remmember there is something between the sun & night runes . maybe zerase wanted to keep the sun rune sealed maybe .

and please don't say it's the power of forgiveness in the runes can you imagine the Rune of Beginning has a flash back of luca smiling with Pilika parents & anabelle & pohl
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: the sun rune lied?????

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're asking. Could you elucidate that a bit please?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

read it again . does the true rune has its own agenda ? [ the sun rune ] remmember what viki said in suikoden 5 when she first appered i think it was something like does this country still exist , she was talking about the queendom of falena not the ancient armes kingdom .
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

second , if disagree with me then what is the justification of forgiveness from the sun rune to the godwin .
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Unlike the Soul Eater or the Rune of Punishment, those memory flashes in Suikoden V seems to have been triggered when you enter the innermost part of the Sindar Ruins dedicated to the Three Runes of Falena.

Where those two runes primarily focus on the experiences of individuals, the Sun Rune and its two guardians allowed us to momentarily revisit the Queendom's distant past. There couldn't be complete fiction, as we also discover other more physical sources supporting this case, including a volume of Old Book (which most likely couldn't have been written by a True Rune, right?)

In retrospect, we know True Runes do have their own will and are not liable to sharing their memories in their entirety. Or even be 100% trusted with the images that they give to their bearers. Case in point: Luc and his True Wind Rune in Suikoden III sharing the "dead" future of complete Order with your chosen Flame Champion successor.

Rune of Beginning probably chose not to show any, because it wouldn't have much influence in the decision made. In fact, sharing visions of Luca Blight's cruelty might have been an obstacle to the conflict that it is igniting between the two bearers.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

indeed , but i think the powers of a true rune [ sun rune or any other rune ] can never be controlled only by a chosen Bearer , the only one who proved to have some kind of let's call it understanding with a true rune is sierra.

about the sindar and there techniques in sustaining or releasing destructive energy from a true rune, maybe it has something to do with the Rune of Change and a massive knowledge on the runes, but it doesn't mean that it's always going to work remember the ceremonial site in the grasslands. now i wonder why would the sidar clan create such a weapon. to face an ancient danger ??????
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

they for sure were investigating a way of destroy the rune of change to finish their travels and destiny ( no one knows if they succeed )

and about affinity, the sun rune is the worst true rune we have seen in this, his behaviour is almost zero, the rune wants almost nobody as a bearer, only few from the royal family, and the rune shows no skill in order to go to a better bearer going from one to another ( or maybe the sun rune cant control his own powers in a bad bearer )

pd. sorry my english xD
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I think it might be the sun rune is extra picky. Many times the sun is thought to be arrogant above all things and the center of the galaxy. So, maybe the Sun rune thinks it is too good for most people and only perhaps royality or someone very strong and important can bear it?
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Maybe Tenko5 that's the problem we only have little information about the true runes
suikoden 5 talked about falena's civil war & the two rune sustaining the powers of the sun rune.

27x4=108 i think a real bearer can make peace with a true rune remember sierra
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Tenko5 wrote:I think it might be the sun rune is extra picky. Many times the sun is thought to be arrogant above all things and the center of the galaxy. So, maybe the Sun rune thinks it is too good for most people and only perhaps royality or someone very strong and important can bear it?
Actually this is explained in Suikoden 5. In the West Palace, if you talk to one of the care takers he will tell you that in order to bear the Sun Rune, you must receive the blessings from both the Dawn and Twilight Runes. The princess gets the blessing of he Dawn Rune before her marriage, and the Twilight Rune after her marriage. Thus, only the queen can bear the Sun Rune. Lym never got the true blessings from the Dawn Rune as it was stolen prior, so even if she fulfilled her ceremonial duty and received the Twilight Rune's blessing, she could not have born the Sun Rune.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Yeah, but I don't know if I want to believe that as the truth. I understand that the dawn and twilight runes are kind of like guardians of the sun rune. But, I think that might have to do more with their own silly rituals than anything. I mean just standing in there presence could make you blessed? Then what's to stop some random guy off the street walking into both chambers in the middle of the night and than going for the sun rune?
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Both the West and East Palaces are guarded so not "some random guy off the street" can freely enter those chambers whenever they like. Only the royal family are allowed, for starters.
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

They said there guarded but I don't see any guards posted and fine lets say they are. It was already proven a small riot with a few armed men actually got through. Now any sizeable bandit crew or mercany unit could easily break through and get to both of the runes then and carry the busts away. Also, they are now all in one chamber in the palace at the end of the game remember? So, anyone with stealth (ninjas, ex-nether gate, Zerase, Raven etc..) could get in there and steal the sun rune.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Yeah, the west castle was taken by the godwins, the two runes, i don't know i think they're holding the sun rune back, from its real powers. sindarian or Sindarian, culture i will be posting something about them soon
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i really don't think those are "memories" of the Sun Rune.... more like the Sun Rune was allowing the Prince to see/enter the realm of the dead so he could retrieve Lyon and revive her. Why he saw only those people could have been because he knew them and/or they all cared about Falena (in their own way).